Author Topic: New Jersey!  (Read 196410 times)

louisflat

Re: wheres Jersey at!?
« Reply #720 on: January 06, 2010, 11:48:10 PM »
i was thinkin maybe gettin some local rider bios/interviews n shyt.
I was thinking the same thing. However, I just wasn't sure how to go about it and since I could never get out of my job or house, I could never do it, because I don't really like doing it over e-mails, it ruins the vibe, in my opinion.

Offline tehdisciple

• Forkglider
« Reply #721 on: January 06, 2010, 11:50:42 PM »

Kendall is that you?  sike, na, my ghey ass brother has guitar lessons too.. 

still trying but it's not looking good for tonight.. i'm getting pissed...

Nah i'm really new To flatlanding, I'm Aaron :P Haha

Budz

« Reply #722 on: January 07, 2010, 01:41:35 AM »
i was thinkin maybe gettin some local rider bios/interviews n shyt.
I was thinking the same thing. However, I just wasn't sure how to go about it and since I could never get out of my job or house, I could never do it, because I don't really like doing it over e-mails, it ruins the vibe, in my opinion.
im down to travel locally in NJ to get some poop on people.
who do u think we should hit up 1st? or should i just start hounding riders at random?
how about Lil Sean(spelling?)Vader or some young up n comers? u know, the future of bmx...maybe that could be a section in the mag?...just devoted to the up coming future stars of bmx. just a thought.

Budz

« Reply #723 on: January 07, 2010, 04:56:58 AM »
ok shyt...they fkd me out of my old phone number all together...
my new cell number is-
7325818320. plz make a note. ;)

Offline noskills

• Funky Chicken
    • Flickr
« Reply #724 on: January 07, 2010, 06:09:02 AM »
I need to get out. Been laying low for too long now.
I got a frig full of film to use.

Offline bmiddaugh

• Backpacker
    • BMXNJ.com
« Reply #725 on: January 07, 2010, 02:31:17 PM »
If you have ideas to contribute to the mag, feel free to send it over. I have no problem with anything you guys want to put in there and if you need a way to get people over the "who the hell is this for?" thing, just show them the website.

Right now my main contributors are me and Louis. I've had a couple people come up and say they want to send stuff in but I've never gotten anything.

Deadline for this issue is Jan 23rd. I am shooting for Feb 4th to unleash it.

Again this will be print as you go so once we make it, it goes on the web at magcloud.com and then if people want to peruse a pdf they can, or they can order the magazine itself.

I look at this as though the web is really the defacto way we get information now but it is cool to have that hard copy of "what went on in years past". This will be NJ's way of saying this is the best of our scene over the years.

Or at least I hope it will, LOL. Hopefully it will also be  way for guys to show what they can do and then use that to move forward in the bike industry.
Guess we'll see.
Peace from BMXNJ

louisflat

« Reply #726 on: January 07, 2010, 05:14:16 PM »
Just because its cold outside doesn't mean you can't ride your bicycle. But riding at Mookie's should be fun. Only thing is, I think it should be locals for now, because you don't want someone driving four or five hours to ride for maybe an hour in a crowded room.
Just sayin'

Offline DaveDeBuono

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #727 on: January 08, 2010, 12:21:20 AM »
worth it  ;D
life is short. stunt it.

Offline jsteady

• GF Inhabitant
    • :P
« Reply #728 on: January 08, 2010, 01:16:07 AM »

Budz

« Reply #729 on: January 08, 2010, 09:27:07 PM »
going anywhere to ride with friends is always worth it to me. :mellow:

Budz

« Reply #730 on: January 10, 2010, 03:16:57 AM »
JonJSteady, along with the newest addition to the crew- Sarah(welcome Sarah), Ken, and I(oh yea, and Brett.M too) are meetin up at Shields Skatepark in Flemington,NJ tomorrow for some street comp there. were brinkin bikes anyway just in case we feel like not being spectators. we should be meetin up there about noon-ish. this is also a good chance to talk to Mr Shields, and check out the loft spot to see if we could make good use of it on certain days during the winter or during bad weather in general.

if ya want to meet up, just come by and have some fun!
heres a link for address and directions-

http://www.shieldsskatepark.com/

if possible, someone plz call Keith to let him know! my phone is charging and im gonna be hittin the pillows soon.

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #731 on: January 10, 2010, 04:11:41 AM »
north of Florida. ;D

louisflat

« Reply #732 on: January 10, 2010, 05:02:43 AM »
Someone let me know what the outcome is of this contest tomorrow. I'm not going to be around.

Offline bmiddaugh

• Backpacker
    • BMXNJ.com
« Reply #733 on: January 11, 2010, 03:00:14 PM »
Hey where'd everybody go yesterday?
If we wanna get a few guys together to discuss stuff this weekend at my place it's all good, just need to know a time that is good for everyone.
Peace from BMXNJ

Offline Ken NJ

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #734 on: January 11, 2010, 03:14:36 PM »
I got there around 2 I think but the dudes told me it wasn't necessarily accomodating for riding flat, in terms of the vibe or something.. So we chilled in the parking lot for a few and then flew over to the clandestine big barn session spot for a bit..  Jsteady showed me some fresh tshirts he made so now I'm full on souped!!!  I've got a few ideas and I'm writing them all down for our next meeting.. I'm flexible on time...
flat rules everything around me f.r.e.a.m.