Author Topic: New Jersey!  (Read 196290 times)

Offline Ken NJ

• GF Inhabitant
Re: wheres Jersey at!?
« Reply #705 on: January 04, 2010, 07:51:56 PM »
lets get a jam goin in that shop on a weekend?

we should...  i'm open for any weekend..  just need to know like maybe a week or 2 in advance.. and i'm sure we can put together some small sessions like 3 or 4 peoples also...
flat rules everything around me f.r.e.a.m.

louisflat

« Reply #706 on: January 05, 2010, 12:50:56 AM »
The dude won't be back until the 17th.

Offline bmiddaugh

• Backpacker
    • BMXNJ.com
« Reply #707 on: January 05, 2010, 04:23:14 PM »
yepper, like Louis said Mookie won't be back till the 17th, so it will be a few weeks before we can hit this up.
But I can guarantee that on the 17th, we'll be talking to him. It's already been ok'd just a matter of setting some dates.

and we will also be working on more events for Asbury Park, for sure.

Stay tuned.
Peace from BMXNJ

louisflat

« Reply #708 on: January 06, 2010, 02:15:12 AM »
In the next month or so I am going to be moving to Ewing for school, I will definitely be on the look out for spots.

Budz

« Reply #709 on: January 06, 2010, 07:57:17 AM »
sounds good Brett!
i need to be changing my life up a bit. im sick of the situation ive been in workin and livin with my cousin in N.JerZ. need to get back to normal so i can be a part of things again and not be stressed 24/7.
if anyone knows of work in S.JerZ, plz let me know. im lookin asap. :mellow:
Jon(Steady), if u think i can BS my way into that job youve been telling me about without getting fired 2 hours into it, let me know. i would be willing to at least give it a go even tho id be clueless to most of what is going on.haha.

also, Brett, we need to talk it up soon. didnt get much talkin in at the jam cuz we all just seemed to wanna make the best of our riding time together. but yea, we(and anyone else wanting to contribute) should sit down one wknd, maybe at the "bmxnj.com compound", and let some ideas fly for flat and bmx in NJ in 2010. :mellow:

i also want to talk to u about upcoming magazine content. got a few ideas there too.
would def need JSteady and/or James to contribute their behind the lens super skillz. :mellow:

louisflat

« Reply #710 on: January 06, 2010, 03:47:30 PM »
but yea, we(and anyone else wanting to contribute) should sit down one wknd, maybe at the "bmxnj.com compound", and let some ideas fly for flat and bmx in NJ in 2010.
What we need to do is stress the importance of these ideas and actually make it happen. I for one hate talking about wanting to do something. If I want to do something I do what it takes to get it done.

Offline jsteady

• GF Inhabitant
    • :P
« Reply #711 on: January 06, 2010, 04:08:50 PM »
Shields tonight anyone?

Offline Ken NJ

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #712 on: January 06, 2010, 04:54:46 PM »
i'm gonna try my best to make it.. i have a ton of stuff to do here at work and i gotta get ready for a trip to tennessee for work on thurs/fri...

Party @ BMXNjCompound!? ;D :beer:

Offline welfaresoldierbt

• Forkglider
« Reply #713 on: January 06, 2010, 06:27:10 PM »
I'd hit Shields if I wasn't sick as a dog...probably won't make it to bike night tomorrow either.
I went last Wednesday, there were so many people there it was like trying to ride in a crowded elevator between a snot-faced kid and an old man that has soiled himself. Wait, maybe the old man was me...

Louisflat, let me know when you get to Ewing, I live a mile from TCNJ. I'll show you the spots I ride, although I am a security guard/cop magnet. There's always bowling and beer at Slocum's.

-bt

Budz

« Reply #714 on: January 06, 2010, 06:46:24 PM »
but yea, we(and anyone else wanting to contribute) should sit down one wknd, maybe at the "bmxnj.com compound", and let some ideas fly for flat and bmx in NJ in 2010.
What we need to do is stress the importance of these ideas and actually make it happen. I for one hate talking about wanting to do something. If I want to do something I do what it takes to get it done.
i totally agree which is why im hoping we can get a few of us to sit down(or stand, whatever floats the boat)and get things rollin. i have issues with getting anything done online...im much more efficient doin shyt live.
there is a contest at Sheilds this wknd, but Brett, if u are down, maybe some of us can meet up next wknd? whats good for u? i know youve been bizzy with the magazine stuff, so give us a word.

Jon, i doubt i can make Sheilds tonite...im tapped on cash homie.

Offline bmiddaugh

• Backpacker
    • BMXNJ.com
« Reply #715 on: January 06, 2010, 07:35:26 PM »
Um, I can probably do next weekend, 16th-17th.
The magazine is set in stone, and very easy to actually "publish". The hard part is getting all the content, articles, pics, etc., together.

Which is why we need guys like John and James and Louis and anyone else to contribute to it.

The 17th in the afternoon I have set aside for going to Asbury to talk to mookie about future stuff there.
All the BMXNJ stuff though is whenever we get together. Christine is always asking about when people are coming over anyhow.

If you guys have ideas or something you wanna do you can also email me at brett@bmxnj.com. I only check the boards every few days so sometimes it can be afwhile before I get back to respond.

(ah what? afwhile...There's no f in while....)
Peace from BMXNJ

Budz

« Reply #716 on: January 06, 2010, 08:58:25 PM »
Brett, im down to help however.
i was thinkin maybe gettin some local rider bios/interviews n shyt.
showcase the local talent JerZ has to offer in the skateparks, at the tracks, on the streets, and in the parking lots. not just the pros n experts but riders of all skill levels as long as they are dedicated and have a true love for the sport of bmx. also maybe gettin the lowdown from some of the move makers and local bmx biz peeps. Animal, Grove Street Bikes, Staff bmx, bmxnj.com, 2x4, etc. whatever u want dude, lets make it happen. we all want this mag to shine, and keep readers wanting more! :mellow:

my cell is fkd for a few days. was in the process of gettin shyt switched to a new phone and turns out the new phone is fkd so i need to wait for a replacement in a few days.
i can be reached at this temp cell number- 7325818320. dont change the entry of my cell in your phones yet tho...i should have my old number back when my replacement phone comes in.

Offline Ken NJ

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #717 on: January 06, 2010, 09:51:01 PM »
i'm going to still try and make it to sheilds tonight..  if i can turn this thing in within the next hour i'll be golden.. 

i would like to contribute to the mag too..  perhaps i could be a writer/reporter?  the possibilities are endless (time permitting of course)... ;D

Offline tehdisciple

• Forkglider
« Reply #718 on: January 06, 2010, 10:27:13 PM »
I'm from jersey, about 20 mins away from shields. I'd go tonight, but i have guitar lessons on wednesdays.. i'm thinking about changing that haha.

Offline Ken NJ

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #719 on: January 06, 2010, 11:12:06 PM »
I'm from jersey, about 20 mins away from shields. I'd go tonight, but i have guitar lessons on wednesdays.. i'm thinking about changing that haha.

Kendall is that you?  sike, na, my ghey ass brother has guitar lessons too.. 

still trying but it's not looking good for tonight.. i'm getting pissed...