Author Topic: New Jersey!  (Read 198043 times)

Budz

Re: wheres Jersey at!?
« Reply #675 on: December 12, 2009, 01:28:48 AM »
Let me know if anybody is going to Shields on Monday, I could session before I go to work.

-Roy

SHIELDS??? Where is???? nyc??? sorry guys i have 1 year and couple months in the city..
The weather its soooo freezy

Sheilds is in Flemington,NJ. maybe about an hour+ from NYC.
here is their website...u can find directions and pics here-

http://www.shieldsskatepark.com/

Anthony, u comin out to the jam next wknd?!?! :mellow:

heres a pic of the flat area at Sheilds-
(its long but not too wide, but will keep us from freezing outside)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 02:20:07 AM by Budz(creepin in the parkin lot) »

Offline anthony

• Backpacker
  • You live for something or die for nothing....
« Reply #676 on: December 12, 2009, 02:51:25 AM »

Anthony, u comin out to the jam next wknd?!?! :mellow:

YEPPP  c u there guys c u there...

louisflat

« Reply #677 on: December 13, 2009, 04:45:36 AM »
I would ride shields, but i don't pay to ride my bike. Sorry.

Budz

« Reply #678 on: December 13, 2009, 05:30:34 AM »
I would ride shields, but i don't pay to ride my bike. Sorry.
i think its dumb to pay to ride too...unless i was ridin ramps...and even then its insane how much skateparks are charging these days just to ride a few hours.
BUT...its gonna be cold and my old azz cant deal with extreme cold or hot anymore...soooo...its probably gonna be a worthwhile investment. itd be nice if we could get some kind of discount to ride there since we arent gonna be messin up the ramps and since its such a tight area.
who knows, maybe itll work out, or maybe not, but its worth a shot. :mellow:
Louis, im not a rich man, in fact im quite broke, but if u ever wanna meet up at Sheilds, i got u anyway, dude. :mellow:

louisflat

« Reply #679 on: December 14, 2009, 01:49:19 AM »
Thanks for the kind gesture.
But, I don't know if it would be cheap. i was talking to my girlfriends brother who skates there normally and he said it costs like 18-20 bucks for a five hour session.
That's ridiculous. At least in my eyes. I grew up riding in the cold, every winter. I have no problem doing it again.

Offline welfaresoldierbt

• Forkglider
« Reply #680 on: December 14, 2009, 03:18:07 AM »
Hey guys, I actually live 25 minutes from Shields...I've been going every Wednesday, which is bike only night, 6 to 10 pm, for 12 bucks. I don't know about other weeknights, I've gone there on a Friday night before they moved, and it was like a daycare, kids on scooters standing on the flatbottom of the mini texting each other and whatnot. If it's not bike night, I only go on weekday mornings when the H1N1's are in school. I plan on going tomorrow morning (Monday) because I actually want to ride some ramps and the ramps are really crowded on bike night.

As far as the flatlandability is concerned, it's hit or miss. The upstairs has enough room for most, but when riders come up and want to use the grindy stuff, you end up waiting and taking turns because you are in the "runway." I was sad to find an even skinnier area behind the mini-ramp than the old Shields had, but I've found the extra challenge can make one try new things, or old things differently.

In short, I've been to much more flatland-friendly skateparks, but I've seen worse, and the way I see it, any time spent on the bike is better than most of life's tedious moments. So if anyone wants to make the trek, I'll be there every Wednesday night.
-bt

Offline smiley (Roy)

• GF Inhabitant
    • myspace
« Reply #681 on: December 14, 2009, 04:35:11 AM »
So whats the plan for Monday ? I'm still in N. Carolina i will be heading north in the morning, so let me know if people are going to Shields.

-Roy
If you are for real, you probably spend enough time on your bike that there's no time left for talking sh*t on message boards.

Of course, if all you do is talk sh*t on message boards, you're probably not as good or as cool as you think you are.

-- McGoo

Budz

« Reply #682 on: December 14, 2009, 08:08:04 AM »
im gonna be workin tonite so i wont be there.
im still not ok to ride yet anyway. (gonna be doin some walking, stretching, and light lifting this week to try and get strength up for the Asbury Jam next Sat)
if Monday is gonna be the plan tho, i will try to free myself up that day as often as possible to come out and ride.

Brett(T), hit me up with your new contact info...the number i have is no longer working.
i forgot to get it off u at KONY, and keep forgetting to ask Tim.

Offline smiley (Roy)

• GF Inhabitant
    • myspace
« Reply #683 on: December 14, 2009, 01:32:12 PM »
I'm leaving N.Carolina soon I will be headed to Shields when I get to Jersey... Hope I will not be the only one there... Give me a shout if you are going...

-Roy
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 12:32:22 PM by smiley (Roy) »
If you are for real, you probably spend enough time on your bike that there's no time left for talking sh*t on message boards.

Of course, if all you do is talk sh*t on message boards, you're probably not as good or as cool as you think you are.

-- McGoo

Offline Ken NJ

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #684 on: December 14, 2009, 03:26:31 PM »
i'm gonna try to make it but i might have to help buddy out at work today ;D ;D
flat rules everything around me f.r.e.a.m.

Budz

« Reply #685 on: December 14, 2009, 03:38:20 PM »
yo Ken, if youre referring to me, i may be taking another day so i dont push my luck.
i want to be able to ride or at least stand this coming Sat.
dont know yet tho, u might still see me later. i know how much u all miss me. :wub: ^_^
hows that throne room turnin out?

Offline Ken NJ

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #686 on: December 14, 2009, 05:34:11 PM »
yo Ken, if youre referring to me, i may be taking another day so i dont push my luck.
i want to be able to ride or at least stand this coming Sat.
dont know yet tho, u might still see me later. i know how much u all miss me. :wub: ^_^
hows that throne room turnin out?

it's shaping up quite nicely!  i keep walking in there to drop a deuce, like the toilet's hooked up..lol!  reminds me of that episode of jackass..  looks really dope so far though..  u guys are hookin it up! 

Asbury Jam let's go!!! 

Offline jsteady

• GF Inhabitant
    • :P
« Reply #687 on: December 14, 2009, 07:19:36 PM »
Im going to pass for tonight. Im down in Atlantic City right now and I still have a bunch of work over by philly. maybe weds if everyone is cool with that.

Offline welfaresoldierbt

• Forkglider
« Reply #688 on: December 15, 2009, 03:55:31 PM »
Well, balls. It turns out that this Wed. 16th (tomorrow) the shop I work in is having a demo day for Shimano's new electronic shifting. So I have to stay late and pretend I'm excited about  expensive toys for baby boomer yuppies. (Sorry if that offends any baby boomers, yuppies, or Shimano reps, but who else would pay that much for a slightly better shift?) If anyone is going to Shields, post it on here, I can probably make the last hour and a half or so. I'd give a cellphone number if I had one!
-bt

Offline Ken NJ

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #689 on: December 15, 2009, 04:41:39 PM »
hahahahaha!!!  we should have electric freecoasters!!  then we could take part whoring to a whole new level!!!   ;D