Author Topic: FLATLAND COMPANIES QUALITY CONTEST  (Read 6954 times)

Offline kabirun

• GF Inhabitant
FLATLAND COMPANIES QUALITY CONTEST
« on: October 18, 2007, 08:16:38 PM »
Which flatland company do you think puts the most quality in their products?

I vote for

1) Sickchild
2) London Bikes
3) Quamen

Odyssey parts also rock!

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
Re: FLATLAND COMPANIES QUALITY CONTEST
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 08:23:16 PM »
(Based on personal experience)

1. WeThePeople (My frame and complete bike rocked, no problems and the frame is still sound even tho i replaced all the parts.)

2.KHE (even tho everyone else seems to hate them, ive not had a single problem with any KHE product and my Geisha ROCKS MY SOCKS.)

3.OG Bikes  (work of art. )
Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.

Offline Revan23

• Cliffhanger
  • stop raining!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 09:47:00 PM »
i know they are pretty much a tank by todays standards.. but my hoffman EP is invincible (i suppose thats why it weighs the same as 2 modern bikes  :rolleyes:)

h_man

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 10:21:51 PM »
Odyssey,Khe & Kgb all produce some fine parts there are loads more but those 3 spring to mind, ride on.

Offline leeroy002

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 11:02:54 PM »
i wish london bikes still made frames

TJ Perry

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 11:33:32 PM »
Yes, Quamen. The frame that cracked in THREE PLACES in THREE MONTHS. The same frame company that told me they knew about the defect in the frame model I was riding yet still didn't tell anyone about it.

(queue tranquilized to tell me how I did it to myself yet my Sinus is in perfect working order after riding it harder than I did my quamen for almost double the amount of time)

Right.

London is DEFINITELY quality stuff. Their pegs were incredible. They held up longer than any peg EVER and the only reason I'm not running them is my old crackhead roommate threw them out one day after getting pissed at me when I told him to pay the damn bills. My london sprocket is on point and super nice too. It's a shame Tex is so clandestine that you can barely get anything he makes any more.

I think We The People makes some of the most high quality frames around despite being made in taiwan. The tricks i'm doing would be easier on a frame with a shallow headtube angle, more so than the sinus I'm riding, but I think the sinus is a great frame regardless of the one fault I give it based on person preference. Great build quality, great design and look. Same with the DIV. They were the first company to put out a straight tubed flatland frame in the last 5-10 years as far as I know so without them we might not have seen a class X or sick child instrumental.

Sickchilds are also just really nice solid bikes. I don't particularly like the way the downtube looks, but I think Ed does an amazing job with quality control. I've never heard of one breaking in all the years that he's been making them. Sickchild is definitely up there.

Oddysey makes the best parts out there hands down. They are going to put out a few new products that will destroy KHEs "super light" products in the next few months if everything goes as well as I think it will. Hell, almost every rider I know has at least one oddysey part on their bike, street rider or flatlander. That alone speaks volumes of the company's level of quality and reputation.

But again, Quamen? Don't make me laugh.

edit: I'd also like to add that I think Ares has made huge leaps in quality control. I think they make some really nice bikes, even if they are too small for me to ride :)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 11:35:09 PM by TJ Perry »

Offline kabirun

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 12:38:36 AM »
well... Quamen, I acknowledge your problems with frames, and I think they're taking steps to improve their quality, but they also have some prety amazing stuff like the stems and chainwheels and the 8 piece bars...

but you also need big time quality design to make a frame look like a Quamen one...

and yes, Ares, everything Ares that I've ever owned has been excelent quality.

moncho

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 01:00:04 AM »
1. Sick Child
2. Quamen
3. KHE
4. Odyssey
5. London

Offline Eric Mitchell

• Forkglider
  • Reston, VA
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 01:24:31 AM »
Graveyard
Circle A
London
Rigid

moncho

Offline PSchoolen

• Company
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 02:29:09 AM »
TJ, I know you had your problems with your Quamen but overall their stuff is the highest quality parts to move through flatlandfuel. I see and hear it all and Quamen is at the top in my opinion.
Patrick Schoolen
www.flatlandfuel.com

Offline Mike Dood

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 02:35:17 AM »
Odyssey rox that's all I can say!

Offline charlh5

• Cliffhanger
    • http://flatlandlatino.tk
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2007, 02:51:26 AM »
fly bikes because my Simple frame is the best frame thant i have. is stong and light ;D

We the people,,, because my first frame be a Pony and this frame this I even have it and my Neocontrol bars, Frank Lucas bars... rules..........  ^_^

for parts Primo and st Marttin bikes.... :wacko:.
 i forgot the kgb grips are so good....  :ph34r:

Offline AK

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2007, 03:28:44 AM »
 Odyssey is pretty great...

Standard was great..I hope they start coming out with tons of sh*t again..

Offline Sweatpants

• Backpacker
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2007, 03:36:34 AM »
Sequence
Quamen
Sick Child
Bizhouse