Author Topic: help with bw ropearoni  (Read 4173 times)

Offline ! gn@r$hred !

• Forkglider
help with bw ropearoni
« on: October 06, 2007, 12:12:49 PM »
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has any tips for doing backwards ropearoni's. I am having trouble getting the front end up. I can roll the trick but cannot get into it. Everytime I try I end up trying to jump off the front peg, but that just pushes the front end to the ground. Thanks.
Live to Ride /|\ Ride to Live

Offline Stereolab

• GF Inhabitant
Re: help with bw ropearoni
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 02:08:28 PM »
I remember having that problem...just keep practicing and make sure to COMMIT when you pull up and push forward...you won't hurt yourself

Offline tranqulized

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 05:24:56 PM »
it almost kinda feels like popping into a hang 5... you kinda need to be out over the backwheel before you pop up. you should just be pulling the bike up to your upper body... if your lunging like that, your weight isn't where it needs to be... get a feel for how your body is positioned when your rolling it, and try to position your body as close to that as you can before you pop up for the ride in...
thats the best I can explain it... hope that helps...

Offline D

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 05:29:57 PM »
Ah, a how to I can help with......

You have to push harder.  When you're rolling backwards with one foot on front and the other on the back peg, just shift all your weight to the back, pull the bars really hard, like 2x as hard as you think you'd have to, into your chest and then push them out in front of you.  All you're weight will automatically go to the back peg, and you'll coast around.  Super fun trick.  The balance is easier than a hang 5, when you are in the trick it feels like a regular peg wheelie. 

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 05:08:39 PM »
Ah, a how to I can help with......

You have to push harder.  When you're rolling backwards with one foot on front and the other on the back peg, just shift all your weight to the back, pull the bars really hard, like 2x as hard as you think you'd have to, into your chest and then push them out in front of you.  All you're weight will automatically go to the back peg, and you'll coast around.  Super fun trick.  The balance is easier than a hang 5, when you are in the trick it feels like a regular peg wheelie. 

YOUR SO RIGHT!!!!
i dont think  when i 1st tried these years ago, that i push hard enough. then after time you will get 'em.
good luck , and let us know how everything works out!