Author Topic: Best New York Riders?  (Read 18137 times)

Offline flalandflow

• Hitchhiker
Best New York Riders?
« on: September 30, 2007, 12:44:42 PM »
hey its mike b from bklyn just wanting to know where all the othe ny flatland guys are...the scene here is dying if not dea already...did everyone go?  i miss james kennedy..and all the union square riders....oh i long for the year 2002 lol
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 10:23:40 AM by martin »

Offline Mike Dood

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Best New York Riders?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 01:40:13 PM »
I think LOU4130 is the best NY rider... but he's the only one I know so... haha

My scene is WI is weak if you wanna talk about a lack of flat scene!

Offline flalandflow

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 03:24:32 PM »
what part of ny is he from

Offline smiley (Roy)

• GF Inhabitant
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 04:18:55 PM »
I'm on Long Island... I used to ride in the city when I lived in Queens... I'm down to get together on the weekends. I have ridden with lou4130 in Brooklyn and Rich in Manhattan since I got back into riding this summer. And while we are at it... Are there any riders on Long Island ?
If you are for real, you probably spend enough time on your bike that there's no time left for talking sh*t on message boards.

Of course, if all you do is talk sh*t on message boards, you're probably not as good or as cool as you think you are.

-- McGoo

norcalmutt

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 01:04:30 AM »
damn i thought the NY flat crew was big
whats going on out here and last time i heard
there was 7-8 flat riders out there riding on a
regular basis.

Alex Caps moved to California to go to UCLA
and what about his brother and Kennedy quit i
have heard..thought there was some riders in Jersey
too as i know a few but are they riding anymore.

when i look in that area..Long Island, Staten Island,
Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx in the north etc and you
guys have to have riders still around and you just need
to get together more to ride.

New Jersey just across the Hudson River and there has
to still be riders in Hackensack, Newark, Jersey City,
Passaic, Kearny, Orange, Bloomfield, Union City..etc.

hell i dont even live there and know enough to know you
guys has a pretty good flat scene at one time!

Offline flalandflow

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 06:16:17 AM »
when i started riding in 2000, in bk here was about 5 riders in bk alone we all rode togeher for 3 years then guys started to quit. now its only me and jeff mci left in bk..and  a kid named coolie but hes never around. and up until about 2004 there was always 4 or 5 riders in the city at union square now its nothing but street riders.the jersey guys never really want to travel they live far..bikeflat crew only comes down for jams 1nce a year, and when u speak to most guys they never want to come o bk to ride  the city really doesnt have many good spots but brooklyn does . im just hoping that me and jeff arent the last 2 hard riders left because the scene was so good.i mean id hook up with other riders but i dont own a car  makes it hard.if anyone is in the 5 boroughs  leave me p.m. or comment on this topic or something.we should all try and keep the scene in ny  well mainly nyc strong .i always thought of flat as a community  would be nice to see the neighbors lol
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 09:21:05 AM by flalandflow »

LOU4130

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 06:56:07 AM »
yup, im in BK also, but im in the gravesend/bensonhurst area and also dont have a car. i have a few spots i ride but unfortunately only ride on weekends mostly. therifraf is in BK also, in bayridge, i go ride with him usually, and sometimes smiley. still havent managed to get out to the city to ride with rich, but damn it it will happen!

Oh and PS, i still suck!...lol  :P :rolleyes:

norcalmutt

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 07:07:52 AM »
damn that sucks
thought you NY guys were hardcore
thought wrong huh!

Offline flalandflow

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 09:18:21 AM »
we need to ge some organization in the city,set up days we allride together or something ....no one sucks at flat just my opinion u get what u put into the riding your only as good as you effort really....anyways jeff mci and i ride almost everyday at are mutual locations ,guess u can say we are underground now lol....................................................do any of you local guys know any indorr spots in the ciy for the winter months?

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 10:46:21 AM »
Hey Mike what's up? Hit me up at Joemacrich@aim.com. I would like to come down to BK and ride with you guys as much as possible before I head back to PR in about two weeks.

norcalmutt

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2007, 09:54:30 PM »
PR
puerto rico
heya whats up with that alfred and i thought
you lived out  in the states. ok maybe im wrong
and PR to me is Puerto Rico as i know no other
inititals for states here.

BMXfreak

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2007, 02:41:28 AM »
i live on long island

it just suckks cause all you guys ride in the city and upstate and i dont really have anyone to travel with who rides so yeah im never able to ride with you guys
gayyyy

but im lookin at some colleges upstate, im graduating this year, so if i do end up goin upstate ill let you guys know so we can ride

Offline Mazur

• Cliffhanger
  • Central New York Freaks!
    • Void Dweller Industries
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2007, 02:53:03 AM »
i live on long island

it just suckks cause all you guys ride in the city and upstate and i dont really have anyone to travel with who rides so yeah im never able to ride with you guys
yagyyy

but im lookin at some colleges upstate, im graduating this year, so if i do end up goin upstate ill let you guys know so we can ride

Hit up rochester. RIT is a big U up here. The rochester are has a few hidden guys. We ride, just not together all the time.  I'm working on promoting Flat more this winter by hooking up an indoor riding spot. If the manager goes for it, i'll be promoting all i can...indoor skating rink that has an indoor ramp park. Just no room for flat, unless we can use the skating rink.  :rolleyes:

--mm--

Offline Ras Trent

• Backpacker
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2007, 04:23:29 AM »
RIT's a good school, I may be going there in two years. I live about 15-20 minutes away from there. University of Rochester's also good.

Mike, keep me updated on how it's going with Spinner's.

Offline 2000slammer

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2007, 05:47:13 AM »
well im definately not the best but i live on long island and im lookin for someone to ride with so hit me up