Author Topic: Where's Ontario's riders at?  (Read 19067 times)

Offline boylefilms

• Backpacker
    • boylefilms.com
Re: Where's Ontario's riders at?
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2008, 03:41:55 AM »
""But I thought the Canadian government 'decriminalized' marijuana!?" - Lots of people think that the Canadian government made changes, but that never happened. What actually happened was that the Chretien government years ago drafted a 'legacy' bill that proposed to replace the potential jail time, criminal record and other sanctions for possession of a very small amount (30 and later 15 grams) of marijuana or a very small number (perhaps 3) of marijuana plants with a system of fines. This bill was introduced and debated, but was not made 'law' before the end of Chretien's parliament, then re-introduced and re-debated again a few times with various incantations of our government, never to be actually accepted or made law. "

http://www.torontohemp.com/canadian.htm#AA3

Offline shanethecrane

« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2008, 06:14:15 AM »
That's pretty well correct. There is alot of preasure on Canada from the good ole' U.S.A. to not decriminalize. Now Mr Harper, our wonderful prime minister, got all his funding to become the leader of the conservative party from U.S. corporation. He is nothing but a U.S. lapdog who folded on the issue to appease his U.S. handlers. The bill is dead. Although the U.S war on drugs, that was declared by Mr Reagan, has been shown to be an utter failure it is still going full steam ahead. Follow the money. No corporation can make money on something you can grow in your backyard. There is ALOT of money lost if pot is dicriminalized or made legal. Booze corps takes a hit, privatized jail systems take a hit, cops take a hit, pharma takes a hit, etc etc etc. Plus it's alot easier to ensure a steady flow of moms and dads who can't get good jobs because of their drug convictions to shore up the need for cheap labour throughout the land of the free. The biggest problem we have in Canada with all this stuff is we're all f*cking lambs. The majority support decriminalization. It's simply a matter of moblizing that group. Everyone is too lazy or preoccupied with hockey or television, or video games, or some other mind numbing exercise to write their MP's, to go to a protest , to voice their opinion etc etc etc. We just can't be bothered. The list of sh*t that is going on in Canada right now would make your head spin and it is going to end with us losing our country outright. Mainly because we're all too ignorant of history, too ignorant of our government, and too ignorant of what's going on around us. Too be honest most of us are just f*cking stupid. Really. Every Canadian adult in Ontario recently just got showed up by a bunch of teenagers. While we all sit and let the woll get pulled over our heads on everything from pot, to trade policy , to insurance, to healthcare, to taxes etc. etc. a bunch of teenagers using facebook turned the tide on new driving legislation. You think pot laws are bad enough. Wait till you get your head around the NEW laws. You know the one that passed without a word from our media. Canada is pretty well a new American state. Get use to it. Drugs are bad. The politicians know few of the potheads are active and as such scrapped a much needed change to the pot laws in Canada. Pot users in Canada have nothing but themselves to blame however. Most of them did nothing but sit by the wayside. Lambs usually get slaughtered and they did. Freedom from conviction in Canada is an easy reality. Canadian's just don't care enough about their well being to stand up and demand what they want. Or fight to keep what they had. Christ most of us don't read anything other than the newspaper. Damn, don't get me started on the quality of the news in Canada. Let me just say do yoursef a favour and get your news from some independent, corporation free news like "The RealNews" or something like that. Anyways, it really sucks that one of our friends has to endure this insult and will suffer as a result. Take some time, it's not like you're riding right now...has it stopped snowing yet?...and write or call your MP, hell get a group of your friends to do it and let them know you want pot legal and you won't support any candidate that won't support that cause. AND...keep it rolling. Keep at it once a week. Tell someone to do the same. If you want change you can't sit there and hope someone else will do it for you. It just won't happen.

monkeyflat

« Reply #77 on: December 25, 2008, 08:20:29 AM »
ya thanks for the support...overall it all went well...first of all i had a sweet lawyer who hooked it up and got me counselling instead of rehab and 60 hours community service ....almost completed that sh*t and just been riding regularly since last week pretty much...merry christmas- happy new year...

Offline shanethecrane

« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2009, 06:20:04 AM »
I'm still going in Hamilton. Just not posting online too much. I pretty well ride by myself but I know there are some other guys running around this neck of the woods. I've just lost contact with them. More than anything each city needs it's spots. Without the regular hang there is no interaction

Offline Burlington Spencer

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2009, 05:55:02 PM »
I'm usually up for a Hamilton/Burlington session. The Pergentiles should be riding again soon too.

Offline ziz

« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2009, 05:43:04 AM »
im down in windsor ontario... so im in a prime spot for anything international... TO is like 4 hours away... im very very new but would love to meet others and learn all i can..
Ryan

Offline Leone4130

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2009, 11:52:27 PM »
I'm in Simcoe ontario. ready and willing to drive places to ride.