Author Topic: Standard Tao OX Frame  (Read 7217 times)

Offline ! gn@r$hred !

• Forkglider
Standard Tao OX Frame
« on: September 25, 2007, 09:59:39 PM »
What are anyone's thoughts on the Standard Tao frame that has ridden one or still does ride one? They are pretty old but still look pretty good in my opinion. Also, does anyone remember the Sabbath and Warpig frames? They were bad@$$! hahaha. I would love to ride one of them again.
Live to Ride /|\ Ride to Live

Offline Shortylonghair

• Backpacker
Re: Standard Tao OX Frame
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 10:08:57 PM »
yeah man, I remember those frames. they were tanks. you could throw them off the empire state building & they would have maybe a scratch. great frames, just all of em are pushing 7.5 / 8 lbs, frame alone. i think they would be great for street if your looking for something w/ a fairly short tt and can w/o a doubt take the abuse. if you are looking for a flatland frame, just buy something a little more modern w/ a little less weight to it. that extra weight is just going to make it that much harder to learn new tricks & to hold new balance points.

Offline blind

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 10:10:05 PM »
every one i knew that rode it broke them.but that wasnt but 2 ppl so idk.heard justin miller went through a few of them

Offline ! gn@r$hred !

• Forkglider
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 10:14:32 PM »
I have a decent frame now, I was just reminiscing about some old frames that me or my friends used to ride. I knew a guy that was about 6'5 that rode a warpig for street, and he threw himself down some pretty big handrails and destroyed himeself, but the frame held strong.

Offline ColinSmith

• Backpacker
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 10:41:48 PM »
Still riding my OX Tao.
Classic 19" geometry, and 5.5lbs is not so bad.
No signs of anything breaking on mine, but I never break frames anyhow....

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 10:44:00 PM »
if you can get away  w. riding a 19.25 tt then  do that , and a set of pitchforks, and you will never, ever have to buy another frame , fork set-up for as long as you  are living on this planet. or riding a bike witchever comes 1st.

Offline fritz

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 11:28:41 PM »
the Tao still looks awesome yeah.
abd my mate still has a sabbath lying around, heavy but taugh beast.

Offline PSchoolen

• Company
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 11:38:39 PM »
Taos were always nice. The last OX version would have been better with a slightly lower top tube but other than that it was a good frames. Sabbaths were tanks but rode great. A little new for everyone. The NEW Sabbath frames were welded last week. S&M are showing one at Interbike this week. Sean McKinney and I have been on Chris Moeller for years to do a new Sabbath. The bad news is that you and I and Sean can call it the Sabbath but in reality its known as the "Little as f*ck". Its really similiar to an S&M LAF frame but with a 19" tt and flatland geometry (which the S&M street frames pretty much already have anyway).
Patrick Schoolen
www.flatlandfuel.com

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 12:30:50 AM »
S&m sabbath was the bomb, i always wanted one of those, the first generation with the platform.

Offline ! gn@r$hred !

• Forkglider
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 09:01:58 AM »
I remember an old Haro Revo with a double top tube that I used to ride. That thing was where it's at! I think I am going to start running spin carbon fiber mags. haha.

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 08:05:30 PM »
Taos were always nice. The last OX version would have been better with a slightly lower top tube but other than that it was a good frames. Sabbaths were tanks but rode great. A little new for everyone. The NEW Sabbath frames were welded last week. S&M are showing one at Interbike this week. Sean McKinney and I have been on Chris Moeller for years to do a new Sabbath. The bad news is that you and I and Sean can call it the Sabbath but in reality its known as the "Little as ****". Its really similiar to an S&M LAF frame but with a 19" tt and flatland geometry (which the S&M street frames pretty much already have anyway).

pat- when  s&m made the 1st batches of  the  L.A.F frames,  didnt  some of them come as a 19'' tt choice? to compete with the  kink celinski frame?
maybe it was close to 19'' (maybe 19.5'')its been awhile
????????????

Offline Flatride

• Deathtrucker
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 10:40:33 PM »
I have that frame for sale if someone's interested. PM me.

Offline AK

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 01:40:05 AM »
 Ive wanted an ox tao since they first came out..They have them on danscomp now I think.I almost bought one but got a fbm equillibrium because its a tad shorter and has a mid bb..

My friend had a warpig in olive green,it was gnarly..A car backed over it and didnt even put a dent in it..