Author Topic: Complete bike wethepeople sinus vs colony apprentice?  (Read 1174 times)

Offline TARASONE

Complete bike wethepeople sinus vs colony apprentice?
« on: August 26, 2023, 05:59:37 PM »
Hi people, another 40 something guy coming back to flat after a big break.Looking to restart, and thinking of getting a complete that i will customize slowly. The two bikes that are available here are the wethepeople sinus, and the colony apprentice.
https://www.wethepeoplebmx.de/bikes/sinus
http://colonybmx.com.au/products/colony-apprentice/
Other than the freecoasters, i am not sure if there is a big difference in their parts? Is one of them a lot better than the other or do they play in the same category?
Coming from a flybike micromachine 03' frame, and been 5"8 tall if that helps in any way.
Thanks for any help and advices.

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Complete bike wethepeople sinus vs colony apprentice?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2023, 07:28:06 AM »
Both are legit entry level bikes. 18.9 for the colony and 19 for the WTP. Single wall rims is the biggest drawback of the colony. The WTP cranks seem a little long to me at 165 (vs 153 on the colony)

Can’t go wrong with either. Put em side by side, imagine they are both free, and pick the one you’d want to ride on the daily.

Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline TARASONE

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2023, 10:52:16 AM »
Thanks for your answer. Decided I will go for the WTP, and start building it up slowly.Cheers.

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2023, 04:36:38 PM »
Thanks for your answer. Decided I will go for the WTP, and start building it up slowly.Cheers.

solid! keep us posted, would love to see pics (upload em on imgBB and copy the link in)
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)