Author Topic: How to link these two tricks??  (Read 2729 times)

Offline soulshock

How to link these two tricks??
« on: October 28, 2021, 02:35:55 PM »
Hey everyone!  Just joined the forum and this is my first post.  I used to ride as a teen in the 80s, and I'm getting back into flatland now.  I've gotten back my steamrollers and hang 5s, and now I'm trying to figure out how to enter the steamroller from a hang 5. I'm struggling to get the frame to swing around because I can't kick it around like I can on a regular steamroller. When I watch videos of others doing it, it's like the bike just naturally drops and swings around, but when I do it, the seat just stays glued under my butt! Would be most grateful if anyone could offer any tips on how it's done.  Cheers!

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
Re: How to link these two tricks??
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 05:06:56 PM »
as you lift your right leg you're gonna nudge the seat with the inside Left thigh to get it to whip around
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline ollie

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 08:00:04 PM »
Try to do these two movements while trying to swerve around the frame.
1. Lower your frame angle while you would swerve the frame around so the seat drops a little bit below your butt.
2. Bring your hips just a bit forward towards the handlebars.

Also, make sure you can do halflashes, so you are confident with the frame moving around. Swerving the frame should be almost without effort, just by making sure the headtube is kept at a very slight angle towards the direction you want to spin, the frame will naturally drop when you let the seat go.

Offline soulshock

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2021, 08:43:03 AM »
Thanks guys!  Gonna give these tips a shot. 

Try to do these two movements while trying to swerve around the frame.
1. Lower your frame angle while you would swerve the frame around so the seat drops a little bit below your butt.
2. Bring your hips just a bit forward towards the handlebars.

Also, make sure you can do halflashes, so you are confident with the frame moving around. Swerving the frame should be almost without effort, just by making sure the headtube is kept at a very slight angle towards the direction you want to spin, the frame will naturally drop when you let the seat go.

Flatland is such a refined art. Just from watching, I would have never noticed the subtlety of tilting the headtube slightly to swerve the frame.  Thanks man