Author Topic: FE Freecoaster Slack  (Read 3242 times)

Offline mtbmonkey

• Forkglider
FE Freecoaster Slack
« on: September 14, 2021, 06:18:37 PM »
Can you adjust the slack on the FE Freecoaster?  Not that I need too.  The stock option has been just fine for the moment.  Just curious if this is an option. 

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
Re: FE Freecoaster Slack
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 02:07:27 AM »
It's my understanding that it is designed to be non-adjustable; but I think I have heard of it being modified by another rider
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline rpl3000

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 12:52:13 AM »
I shortened up mine and I'm liking it better than stock. I posted how in the how-to section. If it's not clear what I did then I'll update the post.

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 11:29:14 PM »
I shortened up mine and I'm liking it better than stock. I posted how in the how-to section. If it's not clear what I did then I'll update the post.
Took mine to a bike shop close to me to have them put in spacers and they told me spacers would INCREASE slack. Is that true?!

Offline rpl3000

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2021, 05:08:48 PM »
Maybe they were talking about something else.

Take it apart and you'll see. There are two tabs 180 apart that run in two semi- circular slots. The max slack is limited by the length of the slot. The cut o-rings that I inserted into the slot limit the backpedal rotation of the driver. The driver doesn't have to travel the full slot length forward before the pawls extend and engage the hub body.

The first time I tried it, the length of the o-rings spacers I cut was too long. This resulted if very little slack.