Author Topic: Current Tire Favorites  (Read 2419 times)

Offline mtbmonkey

• Forkglider
Current Tire Favorites
« on: August 12, 2021, 08:09:45 PM »
I'm interested what tires are being used by everyone.  I bought Cult Vans for my bike, but I bought them spontaneously.  Reading previous posts, the S&M Trackmark might be the tire to go too.  Looking back, I should have posted this earlier, but it won't be the first time I purchased something on a whim. 

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Current Tire Favorites
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2021, 08:56:50 PM »
Heard terrible things about the trackmarks blowing up at the higher PSI ranges so am staying clear. I'd been wanting to try the new Heresy as i've heard nothing but good things about their reliability from both Pat @ FF and Alejandro Marques. Only thing that worries me is they are even bigger than a 1.90 Ares; although the kevlar version is 1 oz lighter than steel 1.9 ares. The new WTP tires look epic as well. I just saw a promo on them but can't seem to locate it. They are not out yet.

Nonetheless I just reupped on steel Ares. I will be downsizing to a 1.75 on rear and staying at the 1.9 on front. No silica either (slower). I had bad luck with their Kevlar model--several blew out on me on the rear. The front Kevlar is holding actually. Still I am staying with steel on any and all orders (including the one I just made)
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline ollie

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2021, 11:09:52 PM »
1.75 Maxxis DTH wired or kevlar

Offline dug

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2021, 01:32:27 AM »
I ran the Trackmarks with no problem - but I only do 100psi. The sizes are weird, the 1.95 inflated is more like 2.1 and  The 1.75 is more like 1.85

Also like the Ares Kevlar 1.9s

Offline mtbmonkey

• Forkglider
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2021, 06:47:53 AM »
After running the Cult Vans Tires for a bit, I went with the Heresy Tires.  The Cult's would be a good street tire or dirt jump.  Too much side to side movement for me

1. I needed a lower profile tire to run my front brake cable route.

2.  I went to the Battle in the Rockies and seen them on a few bikes.

The Heresy's solved my problem for the front brake cable (1.9 instead of 2.1). These tires are grippy and amazing.  Really digging them.