Author Topic: Heresy AscenD 19"  (Read 3471 times)

Offline nosubsteve

• Hitchhiker
Heresy AscenD 19"
« on: August 08, 2021, 10:01:53 PM »
I've been after one of these for a while, finally snagged one in black which goes with everything/nothing.

Heresy AscenD 19" frame
WeBicycles Embarcadero 8.5" bar
Madera Mast 36mm stem
Heresy Alliance bar ends & grip stops
Odi/Cult/Vans waffle grips & tennis tape
Odyssey Springfield brake
Odyssey F-Zero fork
Odyssey headset & carbon spacer that was laying around
Odyssey Intac Seatpost
KHE Ti rail Watanabe seat
Madera Pilot and Gulf Coaster on Sunn Envy rims, double butted spokes
Profile No Boss 160mm cranks, Profile BB
Profile Spline Drive 25t sprocket
Maxxis Grifter 1.85" tyres
Unknown alu pegs with griptape
HT PA12 pedals

I think that's it. Bit of heft to it (if anyone wants to win the lottery feel free to send me titanium stuff) but rides smooth and quiet!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 10:38:42 PM by nosubsteve »

Offline 89schwinnsting

• Backpacker
Re: Heresy AscenD 19"
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2021, 02:18:17 PM »
Looks nice! How well do those springfield brakes work?

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2021, 05:21:10 PM »
Bike looks friggin great, I am on a Heresy myself (X, 19.5) and quite proud to own it. You have some good quality parts but seems that you are not happy w the weight. I wonder if you could upgrade anything to Ti? the freecoaster axle and Profile spindle are the first things that come to mind. Also for a few more ounces I'd recommend ditching the tube spacer in the BB as well as cutting any excess off your seatpost that goes further than 1 inch past the bottom weld of your toptube. All in all well done!

btw - I like those pedals alot, searched em online but there don't seem to be many retailers who carry them
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2021, 07:00:49 PM »
Bike looks friggin great, I am on a Heresy myself (X, 19.5) and quite proud to own it. You have some good quality parts but seems that you are not happy w the weight. I wonder if you could upgrade anything to Ti? the freecoaster axle and Profile spindle are the first things that come to mind. Also for a few more ounces I'd recommend ditching the tube spacer in the BB as well as cutting any excess off your seatpost that goes further than 1 inch past the bottom weld of your toptube. All in all well done!

btw - I like those pedals alot, searched em online but there don't seem to be many retailers who carry them
box hex, khe Mac , and Ares a class lite are also lighter and better for flatland IMO than maxxis.

Offline Griffo32

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2021, 07:19:03 PM »
I know what you mean, [size=78%]Black is neither here or there... but the bike look fun to ride![/size]

Offline nosubsteve

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2021, 10:20:24 PM »
Looks nice! How well do those springfield brakes work?
The Springfield's pretty good, fine for the price but not as modulable (may have made that word up) as an EVO or similar. I keep it nipped up really close to the rim.

@metalbmxer it's the back hub for sure, (and yep, probably the spindle too) the ZCoaster/Gulf Coaster is over a kilo (2.5lbs?) heavier than my old Geisha Light, and yep @mambocowboy I'll be looking into new rubber once these wear through, all depends what I can get hold of over here though...

Really happy with the bike overall though, I just need bigger muscles and a doom metal soundtrack.

Offline nosubsteve

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2021, 07:30:12 PM »
Oo just dropped another half link by going to a 23t sprocket... Excited to fall off a lot once the rain gives.

In the meantime I'm going to drill out my inner tubes to save weight :p