Author Topic: Selecting parts for a new rear wheel  (Read 1934 times)

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
Re: Selecting parts for a new rear wheel
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2021, 08:16:22 PM »
Ok, I've been talking with Pat and he wants me to try a couple different things before escalating to warranty replacement. TBH, I may just give up and buy a different hub instead. If I do so, Any good recommendations based on what's currently available at flatlandfuel? I'd prefer something not too heavy that still has good build quality and is reliable. I really dislike hubs when there is noticeable rolling resistance especially from side load during tricks where when rolling/carving in a circle.

Offline Mambocowboy

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2021, 09:01:42 PM »
Ok, I've been talking with Pat and he wants me to try a couple different things before escalating to warranty replacement. TBH, I may just give up and buy a different hub instead. If I do so, Any good recommendations based on what's currently available at flatlandfuel? I'd prefer something not too heavy that still has good build quality and is reliable. I really dislike hubs when there is noticeable rolling resistance especially from side load during tricks where when rolling/carving in a circle.
I had albes build me a wheel with alienation Tinman hub and alienation malice hub. Free build, very light  and problem free.

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2021, 09:17:25 PM »
like I said you can NEVER go wrong with odsy / gsport. I had the same thing happen to me on a $$$ set of Ti profile hubs that rolled completely fuct and it was the most frustrating thing in the world. Just check the most recent negative feedback I got regarding the sale and how I backed out. partly bc my old show manager wanted them and I just didn't feel comfortable selling them to another flatlander who might have noticed them rolling slow too.

that being said I went Odyssey front hub and Merrit rear FC (now am on a FEC) and haven't looked back.
Dax (now in NYC)

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2021, 09:28:38 PM »
I haven't given up on the current hub just yet but we'll see. I may try contacting armour bikes directly myself and see if they have any thoughts.

Looks like currently flatlandfuel has gsport rollaway, odyssey C5 and Odyssey Vandero. If I do end going with another hub I'll have to see if the physical specs line up close enough so that I can possibly reuse the same spokes. Never actually built up a wheel on my own but might as well learn now if I do decide to swap hubs.