Author Topic: *** ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ ***  (Read 8514 times)

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
*** ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ ***
« on: March 23, 2021, 01:58:05 PM »
Hello friends,

Im not sure if anybody noticed that today the forum was down for a few hours?
Well i just want to let you all know that i am really not sure how much longer this forum is going to be around for. I hate to say it, but ive tried hard this last year or so to direct this place back in the right direction but i am limited.

I have administration permissions that allow me to change any part of the forum and although i virtually run it these days i do not have the keys to the servers etc...

I have been trying to contact Martin (The site owner) for over a year and i get no response to any of my attempts.
I have also reached out to discuss taking ownership of this place in order to get it back where it once was but i fear i am now too late.

I have tried my best for you all to keep the forum going but i cannot guarantee it will still be here in the future.

I suggest if you have any information or pictures you would like to keep, then save it from the forum before its too late.

I really am sorry that despite my best efforts i have not been able to save Global Flat 😔
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 06:13:36 PM by khe killah »

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
Re: *** ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ ***
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 05:44:34 PM »
Hello khe killah, this is really sad news. There are not many active members anymore, but there are fruitful discussions and it feels good to have a conversation with other flatland riders here and there.
Thanks a lot for all your effort!
I really wonder what Martin is doing and why he does not respond.

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 05:58:00 PM »
Hello friends,

Im not sure if anybody noticed that today the forum was down for a few hours?
Well i just want to let you all know that i am really not sure how much longer this forum is going to be around for. I hate to say it, but ive tried hard this last year or so to direct this place back in the right direction but i am limited.

I have administration permissions that allow me to change any part of the forum and although i virtually run it these days i do not have the keys to the servers etc...

I have been trying to contact Martin (The site owner) for over a year and i get no response to any of my attempts.
I have also reached out to discuss taking ownership of this place in order to get it back where it once was but i fear i am now too late.

I have tried my best for you all to keep the forum going but i cannot guarantee it will still be here in the future.

I suggest if you have any information or pictures you would like to keep them pull them from the forum before its too late.

I really am sorry that despite my best efforts i have not been able to save Global Flat 😔
Thanks for your efforts. It's too bad because there is so much useful info archived here.

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 06:17:47 PM »
Damn, this sucks... I still buy off of here.

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2021, 07:01:42 PM »
The forum is not dead yet so please don't write it off, keep coming back and show your support.

I just want to keep you all updated on the state of play should it disappear one day.

I am doing all i can for you guys and although you don't see it im here everyday making sure things are ok and checking newly registered members. I have nailed the spam with an updated more secure sign up, but i have to check and approved every member manually.

I would love to take more control of this place and fix all the issues it has, totally update the boards to a more modern forum.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 10:29:44 AM by khe killah »

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2021, 07:39:06 PM »
Khe Killah thank you so much for everything you're doing. I really hope this place doesn't go under, it's my favorite place on the internet as I check in here a bunch of times of each day as it's the first place I check when I first wake up in the morning, the last place I look at again before bed at night and also numerous times throughout the day whenever I get the chance.

Forums like these are a bit dated with the way the younger crowd prefers to use the internet but regardless this place is an awesome archive of excellent information as well as great place for selling or trading used parts. And just the regular day to conversations I love, the users here are very friendly and knowledgeable. I pray it doesn't go under, hopefully you somehow manage to contact Martin and can gain complete control somehow.

Is there anything us regular members can do to help? Surely somebody who sees this know somebody or knows somebody who knows somebody that can get ahold of Martin? Everybody reading this please keep an ear out, try networking and maybe we can get ahold of Martin somehow? Is there anything else we can do? Is it possible someway to archive everything to another website, or maybe start a new one and have everybody transfer over (though I suspect this probably wouldn't be very successful unfortunately but it might be worth a shot). If there is a financial burden I would be willing to contribute what I can and I'm sure others would be willing as well?

🤞

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2021, 07:49:24 PM »
Part of my hope from making this post public is the possibility it can bring Martin out of the woodwork.
I really hope he is ok,  its been a very long time since we spoke. Back in the day we used to chat for ages over skype to discuss the forum and riding.

Unfortunately there really isnt anything we can do other than previously mentioned... BUT...

If we can start to make changes and update this place then it will be all hands on deck to bring the people back.

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2021, 12:46:56 AM »
This is still a sweet place and you have out~riding posting all sorts of cool new product photos and info along with some of the other members keeping it going with discussions and product questions. The for/sale has without a doubt been my go-to when getting rid of anything. Keep trying & never give up on getting those codes KHE!!!! and must say you've done an amazing job keeping this place going single handedly
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline HighLander

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2021, 05:49:47 AM »
Not as active as i was before but i do check in now and then. Shame to see this Forum go.
One Last Ride.

Offline Revig

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2021, 10:41:32 AM »

Thank you very khe killah and Martin and others administrators, that place is so great!!!
Yesterday morning also the Live feed was down also, so cool to see it alive now

I suppose Martin is or was friend with Kevin Nikulski, maybe he can bring some news about Martin?

Like aliasdck I will contribute if required (and will be very happy to do so coz I got so much from that place on many levels for longtime)

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2021, 03:18:22 PM »
Thanks for the offer of contribution guys, very kind!

If i hear anything or the situation changes i will update you all on any progress i make. But being ive been trying for over a year its doubtful.

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2021, 04:06:26 PM »
I haven't spoken to Martin in a long time, I don't know whats up.

I got the admin of the parts page that I update regularly and I post here as much as possible. Facebook groups and instagram have overtaken this forum several years ago but I think it can make a comeback when facebook starts to fall off. I hope this forum can stick around until then. 

Offline Revig

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2021, 08:43:52 AM »

hi!
today I see the site is up again after like 3 days out of order from my pov
Thanks for the actions admins!!
Did that cost you something? I really would like to participate on the €ffort in some way, tks!

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2021, 09:29:18 AM »
Cheers for the offer Revig!

Good to see we are up an rolling again, long live Global Flat

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2021, 12:32:56 PM »
Yes back online! Good idea Revig