Author Topic: Shoes  (Read 4834 times)

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
Shoes
« on: August 22, 2020, 01:43:27 AM »
Got some nike air flight 89s for $25 on ebay. Comfortable and better for footjams than my vans. Anybody else using basketball shoes for riding?

Offline 89schwinnsting

• Backpacker
Re: Shoes
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 11:32:38 PM »
Air Force 1 shoes seem to be pretty popular, also some Adidas models. I'm still searching for a decent pair, as the soles of my Adidas shoes are too soft.

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 09:24:40 PM »
Got some nike air flight 89s for $25 on ebay. Comfortable and better for footjams than my vans. Anybody else using basketball shoes for riding?
I am convinced that Vans suck. Sole rips off and provide very little padding. Unfortunately the used air flight 89s although comfortable ripped off at the sole too. I'm now using Puma Rebound high tops which are comfortable and looking ragged but no rips yet...

Offline Sensei

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2020, 07:32:01 AM »
I was going to post what people like to wear for flatland?
I have had my eyes on Etnies Marana shoes for awhile now, I don't remember where I read they were good for flatland.. Is any "skate" shoe good?

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2020, 06:17:17 PM »
I was going to post what people like to wear for flatland?
I have had my eyes on Etnies Marana shoes for awhile now, I don't remember where I read they were good for flatland.. Is any "skate" shoe good?

I'm a big fan of the etnies Marana with michelin bottom. They have a new stiffer version out as well
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline bhuffman

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2020, 04:52:27 PM »
Nike Air Force 1
You look like Marty McFly!

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2021, 05:17:58 PM »

I'm a big fan of the etnies Marana with michelin bottom. They have a new stiffer version out as well

Seconded!

Been using a pair of these etnies Marana with Michelin bottom for awhile now. Current pair is going on almost 8 months of daily riding (average 45 min a day probably) and they are still hanging in there though I don't scuff much these days. These shoes have held up really well, fit great and work well for flatland. Current pair is almost about to be retired though, some of the holes that the laces go through are failing (the laces have essentiall sawed all the way through due to me pulling the laces tight when tieing them on my feet each day) but this is not a complaint, these shoes have held up very well considering the abuse I put them through. Highly recommended, the best shoe I've tried so far.

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2021, 05:49:06 PM »

Seconded!

Been using a pair of these etnies Marana with Michelin bottom for awhile now. Current pair is going on almost 8 months of daily riding (average 45 min a day probably) and they are still hanging in there though I don't scuff much these days. These shoes have held up really well, fit great and work well for flatland. Current pair is almost about to be retired though, some of the holes that the laces go through are failing (the laces have essentiall sawed all the way through due to me pulling the laces tight when tieing them on my feet each day) but this is not a complaint, these shoes have held up very well considering the abuse I put them through. Highly recommended, the best shoe I've tried so far.

Ah great to hear your experiences. The laces sawing thru the eyelets is a new one to me!
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)