Author Topic: Ways to get (Seats) to stop ripping on the sides? Or seats that don’t rip?  (Read 3216 times)

Offline JamieRomoser

• Forkglider
Ways to get (Seats) to stop ripping on the sides? Or seats that don’t rip?

Been noticing my seats are getting ripped on the sides when when I loop out of hang fives ect

Was maybe thinking putting like 2 layers of leather or cloth over the seat?

Are there seats that don’t rip? I know in the 80/ people used plastic seats?
I remember the primo and Odyssey seats had more of a plastic on the upper parts of the sides of the seats? Did this get them to stop ripping as much?

Was also wondering why some flatlanders have the front of there seats cut off? Is it for a particular trick or just to save weight?

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
Ways to get (Seats) to stop ripping on the sides? Or seats that don’t rip?

Been noticing my seats are getting ripped on the sides when when I loop out of hang fives ect

Was maybe thinking putting like 2 layers of leather or cloth over the seat?

Are there seats that don’t rip? I know in the 80/ people used plastic seats?
I remember the primo and Odyssey seats had more of a plastic on the upper parts of the sides of the seats? Did this get them to stop ripping as much?

Was also wondering why some flatlanders have the front of there seats cut off? Is it for a particular trick or just to save weight?
Cutting front of seat is for foot clearance so foot doesn't clip the seat.

Offline ollie

• Backpacker
You do not want the sharp front end of the seat to hit your limb, thus people cut it off to make it more blunt, a bit more clearance as well of course.

Get some full plastic seats to keep your bike neat and ready to be smashed, e.g. Autum Stay Hungry with rails or Ares Minato. I love the KHE Watanabe format so I can recommend the Autum.

http://flatlandfuel.com/autumstayhungryseat.aspx
http://flatlandfuel.com/aresminatoseat.aspx

Offline i love sharin foo

I have one of the Infinity seats that Flatlandfuel has made for them. Its been really durable for me. The plastic goes of the sides far enough that when it hits the ground, the fabric on top is protected. It looks the same as the Deco flat seats, too. I ride my bike around with my kids plenty, so I like having a bit of cushion for my aging body.

Offline mal

• Hitchhiker
I have one of the Infinity seats that Flatlandfuel has made for them. Its been really durable for me. The plastic goes of the sides far enough that when it hits the ground, the fabric on top is protected. It looks the same as the Deco flat seats, too. I ride my bike around with my kids plenty, so I like having a bit of cushion for my aging body.
I have it too,it gets ripped once you try to learn an upside down trick.But i think all non plastic seats do.

Tip: If you open the seat you can replace the fabric with a more durable one of your choice

They are the same with the Decos and some other flatland seats.As with many bmx parts they are Taiwanese oem products that get a branding on order.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 09:03:27 AM by mal »