Author Topic: It seems like there’s so many tricks/combos with no how to?  (Read 2599 times)

Offline JamieRomoser

• Forkglider
It seems like there’s so many tricks/combos with no how to?

What’s funny is that this is one of the reasons I found this forum is because I’ve was looking for how’s tos

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
Re: It seems like there’s so many tricks/combos with no how to?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 11:48:12 PM »
I don't want to demotivate you, but most flatland riders spend hours per day for weeks and months to learn a trick. And because there are so few flatland riders most of them do this alone. I started riding when the internet was not common. People saw only a picture of a trick in a magazine and tried to guess what this could work like. Of course we have other options today and this is good and can make your progression faster, but you should not expect to learn flatland just because you watch a how to video. In the end you need to spend a lot of time anyway. You can find several how to videos here on GF and also in the web. I personally don't think that they are so useful because my experience is that two riders often have a complete different approach to learn the same trick.
Be patient and take your time!

Offline mal

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 09:56:32 AM »
I agree with DaddyCool,most of the ''how-to'' videos i have watched don't provide useful information because 1.there are many ways to do a trick and everybody has a preferable approach that may not work with another person and 2.usually the people that are presenting the trick do it from their current perspective,assuming you are on the same level with them,not from a newbie standpoint. A fine example is the Ares channel on Youtube,their how to videos are completely useless,they are just demonstrations of the trick.

Just search for ''how to hangfive'' on youtube,its a mess.You are lucky if you get once single useful tip after watching 20 videos

Check out this page https://riders.co/en/bmx/balance you may find some useful tips in the comment section of the videos

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 01:08:19 PM »
Hi mal, thank you for pointing that out! I mean there are video with comments that I don't find useful. But the Ares video don't even have any comments. So this is just demo video and shouldn't even be called how to...
I recommend to focus on general aspects. Try to start with less or more speed, try to lean more to the left or to the right, change your foot position on the peg, bend your knees (always helpful!), bring your body more to the front or to the back... Stuff like this can be tried out for every trick and will possibly help.

Offline mal

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2020, 12:34:21 PM »
Flatland how to videos be like : ''yeah,to draw this red Ferrari you have to use red and keep trying.Hope i helped you''

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2020, 12:48:55 PM »
 ;D
Well said!