Author Topic: probably the best money i've ever spent  (Read 3641 times)

Offline mal

• Hitchhiker
probably the best money i've ever spent
« on: November 29, 2020, 10:29:55 PM »
I like to have a certain tire pressure every time i go for a session and i am not a fan of hand pumping.I also have a hard time finding a good compressor pump even in gas stations,they are either weak or show incorrect readings.Plus they got tired of seeing me hijack their pumps every other day.

So i stumbled across this device,a small wireless compressor pump from Xiaomi,the Xiaomi Mi Portable Electric Air Compressor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFJ7Xv0goCE

I thought there is no way it can provide the advertised 150 psi or it would probably just take ages to reach enough pressure.

I am so glad i was so wrong!

This thing became my favorite bike tool!

It is more powerful than a lot of gas station's compressors in the psi it can reach,very accurate on psi/bar readings immediately when you connect the valve,very fast on pumping,one charge lasts for many many re-fills,even has a built in flashlight so you can pump at night,it keeps your desired psi pressure as a preset and remembers it next time you press start,so you only have to press a button,it automatically stops when it reaches the desired psi,you don't get air loss on connecting/disconnecting the valve,deflate option,plus the quality of construction is outstanding.

Also the price is unbelievable,around 30 euros.

The joy of having your exact desired pressure before every session without pumping or going to the gas station is something i didn't know i needed!

Check this thing out!

(This is not an ad!I just wanted to share something that made my life a bit easier and earned me some time too!)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 10:31:30 AM by mal »

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
Re: probably the best money i've ever spent
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 11:11:34 PM »
Nice! I think I'm gonna get one for myself.

Offline ollie

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 10:29:35 AM »
Can you please measure how much time it takes to reach 150psi?

Offline mal

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 06:54:33 PM »
i don't even know a tire that could reach 150psi

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2020, 07:09:03 PM »
I like to have a certain tire pressure every time i go for a session and i am not a fan of hand pumping.I also have a hard time finding a good compressor pump even in gas stations,they are either weak or show incorrect readings.Plus they got tired of seeing me hijack their pumps every other day.

So i stumbled across this device,a small wireless compressor pump from Xiaomi,the Xiaomi Mi Portable Electric Air Compressor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFJ7Xv0goCE

I thought there is no way it can provide the advertised 150 psi or it would probably just take ages to reach enough pressure.

I am so glad i was so wrong!

This thing became my favorite bike tool!

It is more powerful than a lot of gas station's compressors in the psi it can reach,very accurate on psi/bar readings immediately when you connect the valve,very fast on pumping,one charge lasts for many many re-fills,even has a built in flashlight so you can pump at night,it keeps your desired psi pressure as a preset and remembers it next time you press start,so you only have to press a button,it automatically stops when it reaches the desired psi,you don't get air loss on connecting/disconnecting the valve,deflate option,plus the quality of construction is outstanding.

Also the price is unbelievable,around 30 euros.

The joy of having your exact desired pressure before every session without pumping or going to the gas station is something i didn't know i needed!

Check this thing out!

(This is not an ad!I just wanted to share something that made my life a bit easier and earned me some time too!)
Just bought mine. I'm stoked. Seems faster and more accurate than manual.

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2020, 07:45:58 PM »
Mine arrived yesterday. It's so simple to use and seems well built. The reason I got one is so that I can quickly get my tires to the same pressure easily before each session. It only takes a few seconds per tire to replace the air that is naturally lost between sessions.

As far as using it to fill tires from empty: it is slower than using my regular manual pump. I tried it out on a 1.75 S&M Trackmark tire. It took a little over six minutes to go from 0 psi to 125 psi. So it's kinda slow but you don't have to do all that work pumping so I still think it's worth it.

But I didn't buy this to fill tires from 0, I bought it because it is such a convenient way to top off the tires before each session. For that I think this thing is absolutely perfect, I love it. When it's done pumping and you remove it from the valve stem, only the tinniest puff of air is released, unlike my manual pump where it's a much bigger blast of air that rushes out.

I don't have a tire that I would feel comfortable pumping that high, but like I said previously, it took mine about 6 minutes to fill my 1.75 S&M Trackmark Tire to 125 psi. I suspect it would take mine around 7 to 8 minutes to go from 0 to 150psi.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 07:52:52 PM by aliasdck »

Offline mal

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2020, 09:06:16 PM »
Mine arrived yesterday. It's so simple to use and seems well built. The reason I got one is so that I can quickly get my tires to the same pressure easily before each session. It only takes a few seconds per tire to replace the air that is naturally lost between sessions.

Thats exactly the reason i bought one.I only charged it a month ago when it arrived and using it for fill ups the battery is still full

Offline mal

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2020, 09:24:01 PM »
It also depends on the weight of the vehicle and the volume of the tire.it will take much more time to add 3 psi to a car than to a bike.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 09:26:51 PM by mal »