Author Topic: New Bike Day - Colony Apprentice - and questions  (Read 6570 times)

Offline deacon

• Funky Chicken
Re: New Bike Day - Colony Apprentice - and questions
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2020, 08:10:35 AM »
Sorry. Not 30%, it was 10% which would be a £30 reduction here. Lol

Offline deacon

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2020, 09:11:34 PM »
Well my Colony Apprentice turned up today! I've just built it up and am about to take it out for its first ride (with a load of tools as I'm sure there will be plenty of bits working loose.
First impressions are that the bars will need cutting down, and it has flanged grips which will need replacing. Looks pretty solid apart from that.
Wish me luck!

Offline Sensei

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2020, 11:16:46 PM »
@deacon
Awesome! How much did you cut the bars down? And is this just to do bar spin tricks easier?
I was going to ask on the flanged vs non grips or look in the forum what flatland people like.

I replaced my brake pads, other than that, everything is still stock. Had to adjust the brakes a lot, but mostly due to long time of not doing these types of brakes.

I may remove the sticker or some of them and keep blank or add some Colony vinyls I got on eBay. :)

Let me know your other thoughts on it!
I landed about 3 tail whips out of 100 the other day, my 10 year old self would be proud!

Offline deacon

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2020, 11:28:35 PM »
I haven't cut the bars down at all yet, but will take a little off.
So I went for a ride and it was great. Lovely solid bike, not heavy and the size seems perfect for me. think I'll reduce the slack on the free coaster though.
I got fork glides back straight away, and managed a few backwards steamrollers. Did my longest hang five ever too (not much to brag about, it was only 4 car park spaces lol).

Can't wait to get back out on the bike again tomorrow!!

Offline Chaz

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2020, 05:37:03 AM »
Got mine tonight! Was supposed to be delivered Monday but was held up in customs and was sitting in a city a couple hours away this afternoon. Got an email and text saying it was going to be delivered tonight and to go to website to waive signature then checked the tracking and it was actually delivered 5 minutes before the timestamp... They didn't even knock on the door. Good thing it happened when I was home!

Excited to get it together and rolling this long weekend!

Offline deacon

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2020, 08:22:30 AM »
Great stuff. We've had rain in the UK the last 24 hours so I haven't been able to ride mine again, but hopefully this evening I'll get out on it.
I'm getting fairly obsessed with Hang-5s. Watching tutorials etc. Hopefully I'll start getting some consistency with them.

Sensei, they removed your review! Mustn't have been positive enough lol

Offline Sensei

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2020, 06:58:16 AM »
Glad you all got some Apprentice!

No big deal, but as mentioned, not a fan of the Apprentice font. I removed the top tube stickers and put on these vinyl die-cuts instead. I dig it!

A guy on eBay sells seemingly nice quality vinyl sets for $7 from France.  Put a giant Colony on my cargo rooftop box too!

Offline deacon

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2020, 09:22:27 AM »
Looks rad Sensei.
Rode again last night, but only for half an hour. Got fork glides everytime and landed one fire hydrant, and got really close to a boomerang. I really want boomerangs as my dream trick is a decade.
Can't wait to get out again!