Author Topic: 20.5tt any one?  (Read 7748 times)

Offline Cyberboy109

• Hitchhiker
20.5tt any one?
« on: June 25, 2020, 08:32:11 PM »
Well am back after dealing with a lot of health issues, And I hope every one is doing well during these scary and horrid times!!.

Any way was wondering if any one on here is riding a standard bmx frame with 20.5tt for flatland?If so could you post up some pics for inspiration please?

I have a local skate park near me now and thinking of building a wee hybrid where I can carve the bowls and still do the odd hang 5 in the car park lol.

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
Re: 20.5tt any one?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 10:49:03 PM »
yeah lots of folks ride them, I don't have any pics at this time but they are out there I mean look at the Haro Dandois coming in 20.25 and 21"
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline Cyberboy109

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 02:31:24 PM »
I was looking into the haro dandois but might have to get it imported from flatland fuel, since the uk doesnt seem to have any of the frames

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 06:01:57 PM »
I was looking into the haro dandois but might have to get it imported from flatland fuel, since the uk doesnt seem to have any of the frames
Nice frame but currently only available in that weak green. Heresy and Colony have long frames....

Offline AF THE NAYSAYER

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2020, 03:48:35 AM »
I ride a 21 tt. I'll take a picture of my setup tomorrow.

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2020, 05:03:42 AM »
Nice frame but currently only available in that weak green. Heresy and Colony have long frames....
Hear good things about Heresy...

Offline Flatism®

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2020, 01:06:30 PM »
I ride a 20.6 BSD Alvx, (short rear end) though I do wanna trade it in for  20.3 version now, esp for flat!

IMG-5107" border="0
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 01:17:20 PM by Flatism® »
Flat-ism

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2020, 01:35:47 PM »
Killer as usual!!

Offline Flatism®

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2020, 01:43:15 PM »
Flat-ism

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2020, 06:10:33 PM »
I've been waiting for a good 20.5" TT frame to come around. My current frame is 20.8" and feels almost perfect but for certain tricks is just a tad bit too long for me, I've been able to adjust but of course I'd prefer to find the perfect setup.

Frame before this one was 20" and that felt ok too but a bit cramped at times. So I'm thinking something around 20.4-20.6 would be ideal for me.

The problem with most greater than 20" TT frames I've seen currently on the flatland market is either geometry and/or lack of back brakes. The BSD Alvx looks nice but has no brake mounts and too steep of a head tube for my liking (I prefer 75 over 75.5, may even want to try 74.5 for a change). Haro Dandois is a nice frame but head angle is again too steep for me and I'm not a fan of the color. Heresy Ascend D in 20.5" would be a consideration for me but looking at flatlandfuel they don't have any 20.5" with brake mounts, plus a closer look at the heresy website indicates the longer versions (20 and 20.5) have 75.5 head angles despite that the description on FF saying 75 (I think only the shorter versions have 75 HA).

So I'm patiently waiting for somebody to release my ideal frame. I could easily find another street frame that matches what I am looking for but I'd prefer a frame specifically designed for flatland, ie a bit lighter, tapered chain/seat stays, etc. I've thought about going custom but I'm not in a rush, my current frame is working nicely and I've noticed that constantly changing frames is doing more harm then good when it comes to progression so I might as well just wait.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 06:18:37 PM by aliasdck »

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2020, 06:49:42 PM »
I ride a 20.6 BSD Alvx, (short rear end) though I do wanna trade it in for  20.3 version now, esp for flat!

IMG-5107" border="0
How you like it? Just got a 21 tt off bmxmuseum to build up since I have a skatepark a mile from my house plus a ramp in my backyard...

Offline Flatism®

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2020, 09:19:14 PM »
It's v responsive! FUN!
The steep hta & 12.4 short back end, and the classic alvx frame design works for me -esp for what I want to do these days..
Flat-ism

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2020, 11:45:35 PM »
It's v responsive! FUN!
The steep hta & 12.4 short back end, and the classic alvx frame design works for me -esp for what I want to do these days..
That is good to hear. I've never ridden a street bike with less than 13 inch back end so I'm looking forward to more responsiveness.

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2020, 08:05:25 PM »
Hello,i cracked my flatware waltz and i am waiting for a Sunday nightshift from
The warantee at 20.5”. I ll build this as a second setup for street/park and flatland.
It has a 75.25 ha and 13.1” center at the back so it will be quick. With a 165 mm cranks and a short stem it might feel good for flatland! If not i ll stick to my ascend x 19.5” frame.

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2020, 09:12:04 PM »
Those would be excellent dimensions for me sakis, I would be happy with that setup as a flatland bike but I tend to prefer longer setups then most flatlanders do these days. I tend to feel to cramped on modern flatland bikes but I think most flatlanders would find my bike uncomfortably long.

That Sunday nightshift frame looks nice in my opinion. What color are you getting?

I would only have three minor complaints for this frame, nothing too bad:

(1) it's a bit heavy at 5lbs. Of course not everyone cares that much about weight. You may even want the extra beefyness if you plan to also ride street on it. It seems this frame was designed to be decently strong, it even has quite thick dropouts at 8mm(!) but they are hollow apparently to help save some weight.

(2) it has a fairly tall standover height (9 inches) compared to most modern flatland bikes.

(3) The bottom bracket height is pretty low at 11.625", this will make it feel nice and stable when pedaling around. My current bike has a very similar BB height and I also use 165mm cranks, the problem is that when one of the pedals is all the way in the down position the corner of the pedal can actually hit the floor if I lean and turn into that direction hard enough. It doesn't happen very often, and it barely touches as i really have to be turning sharp while also leaning into it. So in my experience, it's better to have a BB height of 11.8 or higher when using 165mm cranks. Another fix may also be to just use smaller pedals if there are ones out there that have a shorter width , I don't know I haven't looked into it yet.