Author Topic: Tobolito  (Read 1843 times)

Offline anthony

• Backpacker
  • You live for something or die for nothing....
Tobolito
« on: November 26, 2019, 06:30:12 PM »
Seems like lots of people are happy with these inner tubes.
Super light and more resistant than regular tubes.
Anyone has been using these babies?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 07:57:53 PM by anthony »

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
Re: Tobolito
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 03:47:43 AM »
Ive been wondering about these lately. Anybody try them and have anything to say? They are quite light for sure, just pricey. I wonder how well they hold up in the long run, not concerned some much about punctures but just how well they hold up. Like cheap tubes tend to eventually fail at the base of the stem, how about these if anyone knows?

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 04:45:44 AM »
Yeah, I bought 2 tubolito tubes. you want the schraeder valve version. Mine held up well but in the downtown areas I picked up a couple flats. Aside from actual puncture flats, they are very durable. Valves are good quality and hold 120 psi just fine. I think the weak spot is the tube patches. They are a peel and stick and if they get hot like in a car the patch will fail. I haven't gotten them to hold since. Much lighter tho than regular tubes, I'd recommend them 100%
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2020, 01:19:01 AM »
Yeah, I bought 2 tubolito tubes. you want the schraeder valve version. Mine held up well but in the downtown areas I picked up a couple flats. Aside from actual puncture flats, they are very durable. Valves are good quality and hold 120 psi just fine. I think the weak spot is the tube patches. They are a peel and stick and if they get hot like in a car the patch will fail. I haven't gotten them to hold since. Much lighter tho than regular tubes, I'd recommend them 100%

Thanks @metalbmxer

I just ordered some from FF. I was going to get a patch kit but I think Pat sold out of those, I'll probably pick one up elsewhere on the internet but for now I just ordered three of tubes so that I have a spare. Lately I've been only riding at my spot, I even carry my bike to/from the car so that I don't get flats. The park that I've been riding at has enough tiny shards of glass lying in wait to make it like a game of Russian Roulette if you try to ride around. I've been sweeping the pad I ride on, it's actually become a a nice way to warm up the muscles a bit before riding each day. So I'm not too worried about punctures as long as I stay diligent.

I've read several reviews in which they complained about the patches not working very well. I wonder if using a better adhesive would help.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 01:54:04 AM by aliasdck »