Author Topic: TRUTH TERMINATOR X FRAME  (Read 6852 times)

Offline Truth Bmx

• Company
Re: TRUTH chromoly frame 3D drawings
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2020, 04:19:03 PM »
 When you talk about frame will never reach production those words are nothing new to my brother and myself. We have heard that over and over for years!!!  Your frames will never make production!!!  "Truth" is all the frame we designed made production. We now offer Aluminum, Carbon, Chromoly and Titanium race frames along side our 20", 22"  and 26"  street frames. You can see in pics below.

Truth is a small up and coming rider owned by brand .Sometime it takes Truth longer to get products then your major brands because we don't have 100k sitting around. When we invest money and time for frame design we try to come thru with product's

We did flatland back in mid 80s it was fit to add frames to our product line.

The rear tri looks long but it's not only a 3D drawing. We have used same design on our street frames with no problem. Our race frames have upper tri into top tube with many years on track.  And passed many test at the factory on frame testing machine over 200,000 cycles still holding up strong!!  Frames weight is no more then your standard looking frame.

We are not worried about strength  flatland frames are not designed for jumping 10 feet in the air.

Maybe I will get Brian from AFA to post about Truth street frame he has in hand. I was given good feedback from Brian

Thank you for all feedback. Truth want to offer flatland riders another good frame option
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 03:54:13 PM by Truth Bmx »

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2020, 12:00:45 AM »
It would be nice to have another frame option on the market! I am looking forward to it!
About the angles: There are some riders who prefer 74 ° HT or even less, but many use 75 °. I would say with 74.5 ° you cannot go wrong.
About the ST angle: I would think about around 70 ° with the same wheelbase and so you would have a shorter CS. In other words: Shift the BB closer to the backwheel!
My personal opinion about the seatstays connecting to the top tube: If you are confident that it is strong enough I would say why not. At least it is unique at makes the frame different to all the other street frame looking options. It might happen that some people don't like the look of it...

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2020, 06:48:18 AM »
It would be nice to have another frame option on the market! I am looking forward to it!
About the angles: There are some riders who prefer 74 ° HT or even less, but many use 75 °. I would say with 74.5 ° you cannot go wrong.
About the ST angle: I would think about around 70 ° with the same wheelbase and so you would have a shorter CS. In other words: Shift the BB closer to the backwheel!
My personal opinion about the seatstays connecting to the top tube: If you are confident that it is strong enough I would say why not. At least it is unique at makes the frame different to all the other street frame looking options. It might happen that some people don't like the look of it...

I agree with everything daddy cool is saying. If you were to bump the head tube angle up to around 74.5 and adjust the seat tube angle to around 70 while keeping the wheelbase about the same so that the rear end ends up being a bit shorter  (I usually prefer the rear end to be around 13", though a lot of flatland riders probably prefer even shorter these days) then I would be interested in buying one of these frames.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 06:50:04 AM by aliasdck »

Offline bhuffman

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2020, 09:29:30 PM »
Agree with what others are saying...it's proven to be strong enough to ride street on so should be fine plus it's unique. I have seen one of the frames up close and it looks good. If a prototype doesn't work then the design can be changed. These guys seem legit so let's stay positive and support another company supporting flatland the best we can. I also agree the ST angle should be changed.
You look like Marty McFly!

Offline Truth Bmx

• Company
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2020, 12:01:14 AM »
We can change frames spec easy. We want frames to be rider friendly for all riders. Frame will be tested on frame machine .If there is a problem it will be taken care of before production. I see there are 2 or 3 brands that have non street frame look and people are ok with them. Truth has supported AFA events in 2020 with no product on hand. Flatland sport is very small compared to racing but we are going do our best to support flatland . Here are a few pics of upper tri on our street frame

Offline Truth Bmx

• Company
Re: TRUTH TERMINATOR X FRAME
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2020, 01:42:14 AM »
Here's a pic of sample frame. We are happy how It turn out. Frame weights 4 pounds 5 oz
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 04:56:25 AM by Truth Bmx »

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2020, 06:54:05 AM »
Frame looks really nice, cant wait to see it fully built up...

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2020, 08:03:51 PM »
Here's a pic of sample frame. We are happy how It turn out. Frame weights 4 pounds 5 oz

Awesome man! Did you stay with these specifications:

Chromoly 4130
Top Tube Lengh 18.5",19.0",19.5" ,20.5"
Rear End length 13.49"
Headtube Angle. 74.5°
Seatpost Angle 71 °
BB Height 11.60"
Spanish BB
Standover 7"
Brakemounts
Integrated Chain tensioners
Integrated seatpost clamp
14mm Dropouts 7mm thick
2.50 Tire clearance.
Tapared rear tri at dropout

Or did you decide to make any changes? If so what are they?

Any idea when they will be available for sale? I may consider getting one with a TT of 20.5. What colors do you plan to offer?

Offline bmxgoat95

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2020, 03:43:15 PM »

I have been looking for a frame for my BMX for a long time. Therefore I am grateful to you that you have a frame  that I like especially well.

In this regard I wanted to ask if it is possible to paint the frame in pearl effect?

Many thanks in advance!

Offline bhuffman

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2020, 05:22:10 PM »
Frame looks good!

Offline Truth Bmx

• Company
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2020, 11:22:34 AM »
Frame looks good!
Thank you!

I have been looking for a frame for my BMX for a long time. Therefore I am grateful to you that you have a frame  that I like especially well.

In this regard I wanted to ask if it is possible to paint the frame in pearl effect?

Many thanks in advance!

Can you show me color you want??

Awesome man! Did you stay with these specifications:

Chromoly 4130
Top Tube Lengh 18.5",19.0",19.5" ,20.5"
Rear End length 13.49"
Headtube Angle. 74.5°
Seatpost Angle 71 °
BB Height 11.60"
Spanish BB
Standover 7"
Brakemounts
Integrated Chain tensioners
Integrated seatpost clamp
14mm Dropouts 7mm thick
2.50 Tire clearance.
Tapared rear tri at dropout

Or did you decide to make any changes? If so what are they?

Any idea when they will be available for sale? I may consider getting one with a TT of 20.5. What colors do you plan to offer?

We did not make anymore more changes on specs. If you see something that might need changing let me know.

What color are you wanting??

Starting out in a new frame market. The frames will be made to order with 50% deposit. if order are place now frames should be ready and ship to customer in December.

Offline bhuffman

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2020, 01:47:18 PM »
Purple is always good hehe or a metal flake - just my opinion

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2020, 01:48:32 PM »
Have you had one built up yet and test ridden? Be interested to see it and know how it performs...

Offline Truth Bmx

• Company
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2020, 02:33:42 PM »
We are trying to offer as many colors as possible purple can be one. The frame as not been built up. I am a old school rider from the mid 80s when quick spin and tail whip were the tricks to do.  If i rode bike I couldn't do a single trick..lol. No pegs and platform

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2020, 04:04:48 PM »
So its untested in the field as of yet...?