Author Topic: Welcome back to Global!  (Read 2750 times)

Offline nosubsteve

• Hitchhiker
Welcome back to Global!
« on: March 20, 2020, 08:35:11 PM »
I can't believe how much you've grown! Look at you all tall and handsome.

Yes it may have taken a global (ha) pandemic to reinvigorate your passion for the flatland community here, but no one holds it against you. It's like the tale of the prodigal son, possibly.

Welcome back to beautiful isolation, occasionally alone in company. Post all your videos (we'll probably think of the quickest way to reduce editing and just shove them up on a platform somewhere, hold your breath) and don't forget to wipe your feet on the way out.

Much love

xxx

Offline a08

• Backpacker
Re: Welcome back to Global!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 12:18:57 AM »
:)

tbh its only a matter of time before the worlds (online) public places get too crowded and subjects too diluted and we all end up back on the forums.

#global4life

Offline Furball

• GF Inhabitant
  • New York rules, Boston drools!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 08:01:11 AM »
I returned to Global a couple days ago and now I'm sick with COVID-19!
I hope I'll make it, but I have asthma. So, wish me luck 'cuz there's no cure for this $hit!
Remember, grammar is the difference between "I helped my uncle Jack off a horse", and "I helped my uncle jack off a horse".

I just started getting into flatland stuff about 3 days ago and suck so far, I blame my sh*tty bike and lack of practice.

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 09:41:02 AM »
Sorry to hear that mr furball, hope it doesn't get too severe and that you feel better soon.

Offline nosubsteve

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2020, 11:10:00 AM »
I hope I'll make it, but I have asthma. So, wish me luck 'cuz there's no cure for this $hit!

Damn man! Let us know how it goes for you, hopefully it passes quick and you can get out riding again soon x

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2020, 11:20:41 AM »
Stay strong Furball, you got this man!!

Global isnt going to let you go anywhere, the pyramid needs its Pharaoh.

Offline a08

• Backpacker
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2020, 03:40:47 PM »

Man that’s crazy, hope it works out. How are they treating you?

Offline Furball

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2020, 03:55:17 PM »
I'm afraid a strong mind isn't gonna help. I was okay yesterday, well not really. Some symptoms were already showing, but today I have a fever, and my body temperature keeps rising. I also have breathing problems, shortness of breath, dry cough, and diarrhea.
If it keeps getting worse the next level will be pneumonia followed by... well...

I've watched the news from around the world, read all kinds of articles, seen the pictures, so I know what comes last.
Perhaps I shouldn't have done that.
I just hope it doesn't get worse because then I'd have to take precautions. The next few hours are critical.
Sorry to be so negative, but it just doesn't look good at all.

Here's one of those motivational reads:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/21/coronavirus-what-happens-to-lungs-covid-19

Remember, grammar is the difference between "I helped my uncle Jack off a horse", and "I helped my uncle jack off a horse".

I just started getting into flatland stuff about 3 days ago and suck so far, I blame my sh*tty bike and lack of practice.

Offline Furball

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2020, 04:18:19 PM »

Man that’s crazy, hope it works out. How are they treating you?

There is no treatment, there is no cure. Nothing can stop this. Sure you can treat some symptoms like fever etc., but the actual disease remains unaffected.
Recovery time is currently estimated to take up to 7 weeks. All I can do right now is wait and see what happens.

Offline Revig

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2020, 08:41:58 AM »

that sucks but you know most people recover, specially the "young"
good luck man, really hope you are on the good statistic side

Offline Flatism®

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2020, 07:05:49 PM »
I can't believe how much you've grown! Look at you all tall and handsome.

Yes it may have taken a global (ha) pandemic to reinvigorate your passion for the flatland community here, but no one holds it against you. It's like the tale of the prodigal son, possibly.

Welcome back to beautiful isolation, occasionally alone in company. Post all your videos (we'll probably think of the quickest way to reduce editing and just shove them up on a platform somewhere, hold your breath) and don't forget to wipe your feet on the way out.

Much love

xxx

Ha, amazing intro! ;)
Flat-ism