Author Topic: KHE Geisha lite to Greyhound  (Read 3912 times)

Offline Rizalflatlander

• Hitchhiker
  • The Sit Grabber
KHE Geisha lite to Greyhound
« on: October 30, 2019, 12:27:46 PM »
Hello everyone,

Have anyone here tried to convert their Geishas to Greyhound?
I was thinking of buying the Greyhound Axle. Hope anyone of you have tried it. So how does it works?
Thanks!

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
Re: KHE Geisha lite to Greyhound
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 08:39:50 PM »
Hi,I did not try this specifically. But I once asked KHE directly about some details and I remember that they told me about the different inner diameter of the driver bearings in different versions of their hubs. The older ones (for example 1st gen Reverse) had 15 mm here whereas the later "Reverse ACB" had 14 mm here. So it might happen that you need other bearings when you change the axle.What exact Geisha do you have? The Greyhound for sure is the latest design.I suggest to ask KHE directly as well.

Offline Rizalflatlander

• Hitchhiker
  • The Sit Grabber
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 07:20:41 PM »
Hello Daddycool,
Thanks. I have the Geisha lite version though.
I just realized that it may have different bearings. But it’ll be costly because you have to by more extra.
Cheers

Offline mal

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 11:23:56 AM »
I'm thinking on buying the Greyhound adjustable,for flat use,what are your opinions about this freecoaster? I generally trust KHE,they seem very serious in their technology!

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 10:15:19 PM »
I use a Federal V2 on one bike. This has got the same axle system. The headless screw inside the axle for adjusting the gap does not stay in place over time and so I have to readjust the gap here and there. This is the only issue I had here and I guess loctite might help.

Offline mal

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2019, 08:51:35 PM »
yes,some thread locker could help