Author Topic: Switching back to offset forks  (Read 61 times)

Offline aliasdck

• Backpacker
Switching back to offset forks
« on: Yesterday at 01:08:20 AM »
I've read through all the old threads dealing with "zero vs offset" type discussion. Regardless, I'm curious to hear from anyone who tried switching to offset forks after having used zero for a long time. How did it work out? Did you stick with it or decide to go back to zero?

I've been riding zero offset for a long time but thinking of giving minimal a try again.

Offline Flatism«

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
Re: Switching back to offset forks
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 07:40:48 PM »
I ended up getting them Heresy where you can switch between 0/15mm. Running them at 15mm nowadays, as 0║ is too twitchy for my riding /tricks
Flat-ism

Offline aliasdck

• Backpacker
Re: Switching back to offset forks
« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:40:51 AM »
I've been eyeballing those heresy forks but decided to go with odyssey flatware forks with minimal (16mm) offset. If I end up not liking it then I'll just put my old zeros offset forks back on. Cool thing is that these new forks are about 250g lighter then my old ones and I'm also replacing my front wheel at the same time which is also significantly lighter. This change will knock of about a pound and a half from my front end.

I'm hoping that going back to minimal offset isn't too weird feeling but I've noticed that Ive been able to adjust to most changes I've tried, so I bet after a couple weeks minimal offset will feel completely normal to me again.