Author Topic: I finally landed it!  (Read 3418 times)

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
I finally landed it!
« on: October 06, 2019, 11:50:45 PM »
I finally landed a pedal time machine on camera. I'm so happy, I have been working on it almost every day for the last six months or so.

So here is the short video of it. I also included a couple more clips just to document where I am at the end of the summer of 2019. It's nothing special, just me having fun.

Clip 1 - I land a pedal time machine (Finally!)
Clip 2 - I attempt to turbine pedal time machine (not landed yet)
Clip 3 - I attempt a pedal to pedal time machine (not landed yet)
Clip 4 - This is a front wheel combo I've been working on for a long time. Unfortunately I touch at the very end, I can do the combo just haven't had luck getting it on camera.

https://youtu.be/fI8age06MSY

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
Re: I finally landed it!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 12:31:05 AM »
That awesome! Very smooth style, great feeling landing a new trick for the first time.

Always a good motivational boost, especially when on film and you can review your progression.

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 04:30:40 AM »
Thanks Khe Killah. You're right about that feeling you when you first pull a trick that you've been working hard on: it's so indescribably increadible. I ride in front of my house most days, and I sometimes wonder what my neighbors think especially because when I finally do pull a trick I tend to whoop and holler while dancing and jumping around. Lol.

Edit: just for clarification, this video isn't the very first time I landed the trick, just the first time I landed it while the camera was rolling.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 05:02:25 AM by aliasdck »

Offline Voodoo

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 11:17:59 AM »

I dig your riding style, man.
It's slow-motion smooth. And I mean that in the best way. Too many people go for the meth attack style.
I don't miss old school technology one bit.
But old school style and art? We live in a world of a thousand one color decals. Old school aesthetics win a thousand times over.

Offline FlatismŽ

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 12:42:02 PM »

Too many people go for the meth attack style.
Lol
Flat-ism

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2019, 02:43:11 AM »
Thank you Voodoo. I actually thought I was spinning fast because it felt fast to me... but then I caught the trick on video and sure enough it looks way slower than it feels. Lol.

Makes me wonder what it must feel like for guys who like to spin their tricks crazy fast, guys like Matt Wilhelm for example, they just spin some stuff so fast! Can't even imagine how that must feel.

Offline Voodoo

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2019, 04:50:30 PM »

I do that all the time as well. I'll think I'm truckin' along...then I'll see it on video and I'm moving so much slower than I thought I was. However, I like slow riding.

I have actually been hunting for videos of riders with a slower riding style. Been thinking about compiling them. Also, riders who mix old and new school together. That's my favorite type of riding. I can spend days just going out and doing old school tricks.

Also, how tall are you?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 04:57:36 PM by Voodoo »
But old school style and art? We live in a world of a thousand one color decals. Old school aesthetics win a thousand times over.

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2019, 05:38:59 PM »
I am around 6 feet 2 inches tall.

Offline Voodoo

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2019, 05:58:59 PM »

Right on. Now the super long frame post I saw makes sense.