Author Topic: New frames for 2020  (Read 3781 times)

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
New frames for 2020
« on: October 13, 2019, 01:10:59 AM »
Ive never paid attention in the past but now I'm curious... is there a time of year generally when companies start to release the new models of BMX frames? For example, some car companies will release their 2020 version in the middle of 2019 but then again some companies don't release them until the middle of 2020... so it's all over the map. I'm guessing it's probably the same in bmx, where they all do it at different times?

Are there any new frames to keep an eye out for?

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
Re: New frames for 2020
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 11:54:24 AM »
Hi, I think it is related to the important fairs. The new model you be presented there. Most of them are in autumn as far as I know. Over the years I observed that the complete bikes are shown earlier, typically in late summer.But there is another thing: There are hardly any flatland frames on the market because most riders use street frames anyway...But for taller riders like you some of them might be interesting.

Offline Voodoo

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2019, 04:30:44 PM »

Right. DaddyCool has it.

Most frames release parts / frames by quarter. (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th quarter, for example).
A lot of companies will release next years parts in the 2nd or 4th quarter...depending on the
company and depending what is happening that particular year.

But yeah, I notice most new stuff is released 2nd or 4th quarter.
I don't miss old school technology one bit.
But old school style and art? We live in a world of a thousand one color decals. Old school aesthetics win a thousand times over.

Offline eightyfivegt

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 06:42:31 PM »
Maybe it will all change now that the 2018 Interbike Trade Show was very likely the last one.

Offline Voodoo

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 07:58:19 PM »
Maybe it will all change now that the 2018 Interbike Trade Show was very likely the last one.

I wasn't aware of that...I'm out of the public loop...was it a total flop? Or steady decline?

I don't miss old school technology one bit.
But old school style and art? We live in a world of a thousand one color decals. Old school aesthetics win a thousand times over.

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2019, 04:19:09 AM »
That sounds sad that they won't be doing that trade show anymore. Never been to one though so I can't say for sure.

Thanks for all info guys.

Anyone know of any awesome frames that will be coming out soon? I am saving for a new frame because I'd like to build a second bike but i probably won't have enough money until after the new year. Maybe by then there will be some newer frames to choose from.

Offline eightyfivegt

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2019, 08:29:38 PM »

I wasn't aware of that...I'm out of the public loop...was it a total flop? Or steady decline?

From what I’ve heard it’s been a slow but steady decline.  I think this last one was the 37th annual show.