Author Topic: Ham Jam  (Read 9799 times)

Offline shanethecrane

Ham Jam
« on: July 14, 2019, 11:49:05 PM »
 We are in the process of bringing back the Ham Jam. I do not think it's going to happen this year as I feel we want to promote it well and October may not be enough time. I'd like to hear opinions in that regard however. If there is enough interest I'll run a Sept/Oct 2019 event. I am trying to put down a strategy that will ensure the Jam never dies again. I have created the Hammer 41-30 club and I hope by having a group involved in promoting BMX locally the event can continue in perpetuity as riders come and go. The Jam for those who are unaware is in Hamilton Ontario which is between Toronto and Niagara Falls. Anyways, thoughts on 2019 event? 

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
Re: Ham Jam
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 03:28:27 PM »
It's probably better to organize it for next year because all pro's probably already have there agendas full.
(That's if your looking for it to be a bigger event, if it's just a local jam go for it.)

Offline shanethecrane

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 03:34:11 PM »
 That's my belief as well. Thanks for the input.

Offline pwh4130

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 08:23:34 PM »
I'm planning on doing the York Jam in Sept 2020.  It will be the 30th year and most likely the last one.  30 is enough.  If you make plans for next year, please check with me so we don't overlap.  Always loved the Ham Jam! 

Brett Downs

Offline shanethecrane

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 04:42:16 PM »
Will do. Thanks for the heads up. May I suggest you pass the mantel to someone else and keep the jam going for another 30. I'm sure someone in York would take it up.