Author Topic: Spinning Karl kruiser  (Read 4670 times)

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
Spinning Karl kruiser
« on: May 25, 2019, 07:14:35 PM »
you know when you roll a forward Karl kruiser in a tight circle then stick your free foot out in front and spin really fast? Does this trick have a name or is it just a spinning Karl kruiser?

Was working on them today. I can normally do 2-3 spins but I'm trying to do more so I've started rolling into them at a higher speed and then pulling it in as tight as I can.

On my last attempt I was going really fast and as I stuck my foot out in front my shoe lace hooked on the brake lever. This was scary because my foot was stuck, I tried kicking back and forth while spinning trying to get my shoe lace unhooked. This caused me to pump the trick, which was pretty cool, but I was scared for my life because I couldn't get my foot free. Luckily right at the end my shoe lace slipped off and I jumped out of the trick. Probably got 4-5 spins but didn't land it.

Very scary, I'm going to make sure my laces are tucked in my shoe from now on.

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
Re: Spinning Karl kruiser
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 08:30:37 PM »
Wow, that's cool that you are working on that one! I never managed to have this even close... Good that you didn't fall because of your shoe lace. I used to do the scuffing version.
I am sceptical about the right name for a long time. I think the scuffing version is called a side donut. So one could call this spinning side donut. I used to believe that it is called a blender long time before the "pedaling time machine" was introduced by Martti Kuoppa in 2000 and this is what most people call a blender nowadays. So I am not sure what a "blender" was before the year 2000... Maybe you can ask Effraim via Flatmattersonline, he surely will know...Could you post a video? I am curious about your progress  :)

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 05:27:58 PM »
There are so many names, I've forgotten a lot. Like side donut, I didn't remember that name until you mentioned it. I think you are right about the whole blender thing too.

I'm planning to play around with making some videos this week, I'll see if I can get it

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 11:19:54 PM »

Made a quick movie of this trick. There are three clips in the movie:

1st Clip: I do 2 spins then land it
2nd Clip: I do 4-5 spins but do not land it
3rd Clip: I try to do it switch footed, not very good at it yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEF2nKosN2E

Offline Timmer74

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 07:38:19 AM »
Nice  man! Been looking forward to some riding clips. I'm still trying to get karl kruiser's spinning or not. You definitely look like you're comfortable locking into the spins. thanks for sharing!

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 08:33:21 PM »
Thanks Timmer. Karl kruisers are hard to learn at first, they feel very awkward. I tried to do one on the opposite side today and it felt so bizarre and so difficult. Makes me remember how hard it was to learn them regular, was a long time ago for me.

Keep at it though and you'll get them dialed.