Author Topic: WTP Utopia frame 2019  (Read 9547 times)

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
Re: WTP Utopia frame 2019
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2019, 10:32:22 AM »
Hi aliasdck,I also calculated the CS length with 25/9 and 72 links and it should be around 35 cm centre to centre. As mentioned this is an approximation...But what might be helpful is to see the change if you vary the parameters. So you will see that a halflink leads to plus or minus about 6 mm, whereas on more teeth on your sprocket will reduce the CS length about 3 mm. So for a fine tuning you need to change the sprocket...One more thought: If your chain is a few years old, it will be longer than a new one! This can also change the CS length compared to the formula...So maybe a new chain with 72 links would make it shorter and it might fit.Of course the sprocket also has wear.

Offline Rizalflatlander

• Hitchhiker
  • The Sit Grabber
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2019, 10:56:44 PM »
Sprocket issue here, as well as the crank spindle. I am running the 2014 version 19.5tt.
I need 23t sprocket maybe and with no extra spacers. Otherwise, my left crank would hold the spindle 2cm or less. It’s not just that; The gap between the cranks and chainstay are tooo close to each other. I can’t afford not to add spacers to prevent dents in the future. So which should be the solution? Maybe selling it for good. I have not used it yet but installed some parts already. So basically brand new.
I am using Arestic crankset btw and the spindle is too short. So I don’t have luck with my frame. Hope this new one does not have the same issue but it’s too long for me. So no more chance for Utopias. Sigh 🥺😩😩

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2019, 06:15:35 AM »
Rival, it's a good strong frame so I am sorry to hear you are having problems.

They make the backend wide so that big wide street tires will fit, unfortunately this does make some problems like you are having. A longer spindle plus extra spacers might solve the problem, but I don't know if anyone makes longer spindle or if they are all the same length?

I do not have this problem with 2019 frame. I think back end was a little shorter with 2014 version? Right now I use 24 Tooth sprocket, 165mm cranks and no problems with how close crank arm ends are to chain and seat stays when pedaling.

I hope you can find a solution.

Edit:  ;D  our avatar pictures are almost the same  :beer:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 06:17:22 AM by aliasdck »

Offline Rizalflatlander

• Hitchhiker
  • The Sit Grabber
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2019, 08:10:32 AM »
Yeah I was thinking of having longer spindle cranks but that, I have to buy a new crankset, because I am using the Arestic Phaser Cranks. However, there could be another  problem, so might also be the alignment of the sprocket and driver. Too much spacer to accommodate the 25t sprocket is not a good idea. But the best option is smaller sprockets. But that does not sound good for a flatstreet frame. 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️ But I will try with 23t sprocket. I have splined and a regular 25t sprockets but they however can’t solve my delima with this frame.