Author Topic: aliasdck's bike check (27th April 2019)  (Read 2812 times)

Offline aliasdck

• Hitchhiker
Re: aliasdck's bike check (27th April 2019)
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2019, 12:58:40 AM »
Maybe this sounds stupid for some people, but what do you think of adjusting your bar more to the front? I mean wouldn't it be similar to have a bigger angle between fork and bar with a short stem compared to a more parallel angle with a longer stem? The position of the grip tubes matters in the end, don't you think?

I was thinking the same thing, that adjusting bars forward should have similar effect to using a longer reach stem but I don't know... I tried putting my bars forward with a short stem and it didn't feel the same as having my bars normal but with a longer reach stem. In both cases I tried to adjust the bar ends into the same position relative to the pegs.

I really didn't like the feeling of having my bars forward with a short stem, it just didn't feel right, whereas I do like the feeling of having them in the "normal" position with a long stem. I can't explain it because they should be almost the same thing with a very minor difference in height from the ground, I think. It's possible it's all in my head?

Offline DaddyCool

• Cliffhanger
Re: aliasdck's bike check (27th April 2019)
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2019, 11:50:51 AM »
I think one aspect is that as long as you have any sweep, this will change "over ground" if you have another angle of the bar. And I agree that it might feel different, but I can imagine that most of it is indeed "inside your head".  ::)