Author Topic: aliasdck's bike check (27th April 2019)  (Read 16530 times)

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
Re: aliasdck's bike check (27th April 2019)
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2019, 06:25:41 AM »
Do you mean do normal time machine, step free foot on seat post area then move peg foot to the pedal? Or did you mean something else?

I am currently working on this trick two different ways:

1) like in video: switch footed time machine then step up to pedal with free foot, then take switch foot off of peg and keep spinning

2) do regular time machine, step onto end of crank arm/spindle area with free foot, then move regular foot from peg to pedal, take other foot off of crank arm/spindle  and keep spinning.

#1 is easier for me but I am trying to learn it both ways for more control.

I have gotten better since I made the video but I still need more practice. I'll make another video if  I ever get this dialed...

Offline 1pyroace1

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2019, 09:11:27 AM »
Yea the way u said is exactly what I meant by the way love the bike I was wondering how tall r u for 20tt I think I can rock that now
"you may not change the world but you can change a part of it"

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2019, 03:24:14 PM »
About 6 foot 2 inches (1.88 m)

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2019, 11:48:03 PM »
I guess they don't paint them like they used to?

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2019, 03:56:11 AM »
Nice, shows you're riding!!! Most frames will wear in that area. Perhaps the paint isn't as good nowadays tho

Interesting, at first I thought that was an S&M Intrikat bc of the tubing at the dropouts but it's a WTP
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2019, 04:51:55 AM »
Definitely a common spot to show wear for sure, especially since I have been doing mostly back wheel tricks lately, lol.

Was just surprised by how quickly it wore through. I've only had the frame for ~9 weeks whereas all of my older frames have yet to show that kind of paint wear and they've all been ridden hard over years worth of time.

I'm not complaining (hope it didn't seem that way), was just making the observation. I'll ride it hard for a year or so and then probably repaint it. Atleast now my frame is no longer 'new' so I do t have to fret over every little scratch anymore!

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2019, 04:57:47 AM »
And the s&m intrickat is such a nice frame. That is the frame I would have gotten if I could have found one with a 20" TT, but since I couldn't find one in that size I went with the WTP. I almost went with the heresy AscenD in 20" but decided against it as I didn't like the look of the bent tubing. Regardless I'm happy with the WTP.

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2019, 07:08:01 PM »
A few posts up, back in May, I posted a video of my attempt at a pedal time machine. I have been working on this trick almost everyday since then. Most days I'm putting in around 45 minutes of straight practice on that trick alone.

I have gotten better and more consistent with it. I can sometimes spin it for 2-3 circles and I can even pump it a little. But I have yet to land it yet. I chicken out when it's time to drop the front end down and instead of just landing it I step off instead.it shouldn't be that hard, my foot is already on the pedal for Christ sake.

Very frustrated with this trick atm. I need to just commit and land the damn thing already.

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2019, 12:47:14 AM »
YES!!!!! I finally landed the pedal time machine today. Then five minutes later I landed it again. But then I tried doing it like 30 more times but wasn't able to land it anymore.

Regardless I'm so happy, I have been working on this trick so much lately. I've even started working on a few variations (pumping, turbine, swinging my foot over the head tube so that I can get into a pedal to pedal time machine position) but I still need A LOT more practice.

Hopefully soon I can catch it on camera. Sucks though, every time I turn on a camera I ride like crap.

Offline 1pyroace1

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2019, 01:10:53 AM »
My man! Definitely post vid
"you may not change the world but you can change a part of it"

Offline Revig

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2019, 09:36:43 AM »

well done!  :beer: for the perseverance and your joy

Offline Voodoo

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2019, 06:01:54 PM »

Love the setup. Those Brickhouse stems are one of my favorite stems ever made. I've owned about three of them. I'm surprised you haven't gone with a longer reach because of your height.

I don't miss old school technology one bit.
But old school style and art? We live in a world of a thousand one color decals. Old school aesthetics win a thousand times over.

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2019, 09:44:24 PM »
I did end up going with a longer stem a couple of months ago. I had a hard time giving up the brickhouse stem because it was a gift from Chris Wright at brick house bikes, he hooked me up with it for free and I always felt reluctant to use a different stem, lol.

But I finally switched it out for an S&M Enduro Stem V2. Has a 40mm reach and a 34mm rise. I really like the way it rides with the longer reach plus now my stem is as solid as a rock. Hasn't budged even a millimeter whereas every other stem I've ever used would always slip from time to time.

Offline Voodoo

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2019, 12:47:35 AM »

Totally. I can't give up my Brickhouse either..I know I'll end up using it again for something.
I got rid of my first one and ended up buying another one later and got a second in a trade.
They're just great stems.

But yeah, I went with a bit longer stem as well. I was running 26.5 and 28...and ended up
going to 35 and 45. Way more leverage. Way more control.
I don't miss old school technology one bit.
But old school style and art? We live in a world of a thousand one color decals. Old school aesthetics win a thousand times over.

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2019, 09:07:23 PM »
Maybe this sounds stupid for some people, but what do you think of adjusting your bar more to the front? I mean wouldn't it be similar to have a bigger angle between fork and bar with a short stem compared to a more parallel angle with a longer stem? The position of the grip tubes matters in the end, don't you think?