Author Topic: Pegasus 2019 33mm stem  (Read 5422 times)

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
Pegasus 2019 33mm stem
« on: January 10, 2019, 12:26:36 AM »
Pegasus has a new stem for 2019, more details:
http://www.global-flat.com/parts/part/2113

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Pegasus 2019 33mm stem
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 07:55:48 AM »
Sweet! Would be nice to see a little longer reach option as well
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 10:01:14 PM »
In similar style you can get a S&M Enduro in 40mm.

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 09:10:04 AM »
Yep or the Liberte (from St Martin) which I happened to pick up already. Inexpensive too!

Offline Revig

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 10:48:27 AM »

Come on, the Liberté one is nothing compared to a S&M or a Pegasus stem, which have a machining finish, not molded.
The Liberté one is purely a stem coming from the Taiwan Bicycle Source book, or the chinese one (if it exists),
there is the same stem model on some FEC complete for example
I do not say that's a bad product, but that way different than the two others!

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2019, 04:36:27 PM »

Come on, the Liberté one is nothing compared to a S&M or a Pegasus stem, which have a machining finish, not molded.
The Liberté one is purely a stem coming from the Taiwan Bicycle Source book, or the chinese one (if it exists),
there is the same stem model on some FEC complete for example
I do not say that's a bad product, but that way different than the two others!

I want to give Revig some credit here on this one because I recently got rid of my liberte stem. It wouldn’t hold a new set of Heresy bars in place and I lost all faith in it. After getting the S&M Enduro V2 (40mm) there is simply no comparison in terms of quality and finish—the S&M is well worth the money. Above all, after switching back to the Intrikat bars I have full faith in my bike again!!!

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 01:35:15 AM »
Metalbmxer, I assume you like the ~40mm reach on your stem? I have been using the same short stem (26.5mm I think, or maybe 28mm, not sure) for so many years I don't even know whether I'd like longer reach. But I'd like to try and see what works best, unfortunately all this testing/trying out parts requires $$$

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2019, 03:47:41 AM »
Metalbmxer, I assume you like the ~40mm reach on your stem? I have been using the same short stem (26.5mm I think, or maybe 28mm, not sure) for so many years I don't even know whether I'd like longer reach. But I'd like to try and see what works best, unfortunately all this testing/trying out parts requires $$$

I have settled on 40 as the perfect length. When I switched from my Sequence 0 offset bar stem combo, I first got the 36mm reach S&M Enduro 1. This was about 5 years ago. I've since tried 38, 39, 40 and 45 and found 40 to be perfect. I think if you were to try a 36mm stem it'd be a welcome yet not too drastic change.

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2019, 02:38:33 AM »

I have settled on 40 as the perfect length. When I switched from my Sequence 0 offset bar stem combo, I first got the 36mm reach S&M Enduro 1. This was about 5 years ago. I've since tried 38, 39, 40 and 45 and found 40 to be perfect. I think if you were to try a 36mm stem it'd be a welcome yet not too drastic change.

You are using this 40mm stem with zero, minimal or full offset forks?

I may get the S&M Enduro V2 stem when I buy new handlebars. It's just going to be awhile, need to fix wife's car first. The 40mm reach might be a bit drastic of a change but my thinking is this: I want to make sure to get a very good stem so I can tighten it down good and forget about it. I hate my current stem, the bars can slip forward/backward ever so slightly whenever I crash too hard. No matter how tight I tighten bolts, it still can move a tiny bit. Not enough where it's visible but enough where I can feel a difference when riding. This frustrates me, I'm hoping the S&M will be solid like a tank.

Unless you know of a very good stem currently available that is around 35mm + or - ? I see that there is one from autumn and one from colony in this size on flatlandfuel but I don't know if these are good ones? There is also the Liberte Juares Stem but it's at such a low price that I worry it might be low quality.

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2019, 03:47:02 AM »

You are using this 40mm stem with zero, minimal or full offset forks?

I may get the S&M Enduro V2 stem when I buy new handlebars. It's just going to be awhile, need to fix wife's car first. The 40mm reach might be a bit drastic of a change but my thinking is this: I want to make sure to get a very good stem so I can tighten it down good and forget about it. I hate my current stem, the bars can slip forward/backward ever so slightly whenever I crash too hard. No matter how tight I tighten bolts, it still can move a tiny bit. Not enough where it's visible but enough where I can feel a difference when riding. This frustrates me, I'm hoping the S&M will be solid like a tank.

Unless you know of a very good stem currently available that is around 35mm + or - ? I see that there is one from autumn and one from colony in this size on flatlandfuel but I don't know if these are good ones? There is also the Liberte Juares Stem but it's at such a low price that I worry it might be low quality.

Had the Liberte--it held my first set of bars great but when I switched it wouldn't hold the new set anymore. I'm sure the Autum and Colony are great but for a few dollars more I'd rather have the S&M. Those guys get it. It's solid like a tank yet fairly light. Plus it comes with a perfect size allen key.

Oh and I am using the stem with Zero offset forks (Deco)

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2019, 06:08:09 AM »
Awesome, thank you for your input. I'll give it some thought.

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2019, 06:45:50 AM »
Awesome, thank you for your input. I'll give it some thought.

Good to know and very welcome!

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2019, 08:29:45 PM »
With a longer stem is there an issue where the very back of the stem can grind on the ground when trying tricks like hitchhikers with the bars backwards? Do you guys have this issue with these 40mm stems? I think the back of the stem probably won't touch the ground as long as the bars have sufficient back sweep and aren't setup titling too far forward.

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2019, 10:11:37 PM »
I ride 26 mm and 28 mm stems and bars without backsweep and have them tilted a little forward referring to the fork. The stem does not scratch on the ground.