Author Topic: Ares Sword  (Read 5847 times)

Offline benjie

Ares Sword
« on: October 08, 2018, 12:35:44 AM »
New member and new rider.  A little about me, I'm 33 years old and haven't ridden BMX since I was a teenager.  Over the last year I've been watching a couple of BMX YouTube channels and it gave me the itch to ride.  A few weeks ago I finally broke down and ordered a complete bike.  I wanted something I could focus on flatland with, but still ride park and street on.  I also wanted something that wasn't too expensive since I suck and I'm old. 

First impressions of the bike are great.  It rolls smooth and feels good.  Some parts are definitely upgradable in the future but they will work fine for now.  I also have never ridden a freecoaster prior to this so it's taking some getting used to.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 12:39:00 AM by benjie »

Offline Timmer74

• Hitchhiker
Re: Ares Sword
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 07:19:33 AM »
Welcome Benjie!Nice to see another person getting into flat! Like you, I took many years off from riding and ended up here. Though, I'm almost 45 and got back into riding about 4-5 years ago (after about 23 years away). Don't worry about the age. And, laugh at all the "old" people tell you that you're too old to be riding a "kids" bike. Honestly, you'll find that a lot of people will be impressed with what you do. Though, there are some that will give you crap for riding. But, yeah... that's more on them than anything else.

Yeah, I too had to adjust to the freecoaster when I started riding again. It's well worth the adjustment though. I couldn't imagine going back to cassette and riding flat.

As a heads up, this forum is pretty quiet it seems. Though, there are a few regulars (I check it pretty much daily but don't post a ton) and there's definitely some riders in here that have ridden a long time and have some good input/feedback/answers to any questions you might have.cheers,
Tim

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 08:11:05 AM »
Welcome aboard bro! Sweet whip.

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 05:32:03 AM »
good stuff props on the bike
make sure you stick to the “Ground Rules” DVD to get the basics and get rippin
tighten that chain, air them tires up and find your daily motivation
keep us posted!
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline benjie

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 04:26:12 PM »
Thanks for the kind words guys.  I actually met up with a local last night and got some riding in.  He showed me a few basic things to work on.  It was great and I can't wait to keep riding.

Offline Flatism®

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 08:13:23 AM »
Great Stuff!
Flat-ism

Offline deacon

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 09:14:19 PM »
Hey man, I'm a new rider In my 30's too. Welcome aboard. :)

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 11:04:08 PM »
Welcome!!