Author Topic: How about...?  (Read 15250 times)

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
How about...?
« on: September 05, 2018, 11:28:27 AM »
Would anybody be interested if we added dirt bike, street, vert etc sections to chat about other disciplines.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 12:01:52 PM by khe killah™ »

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
Re: How about...?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 06:03:12 AM »
no

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 06:07:03 AM »
it was the banning ..... a lot of arguing went down, people got butthurt and had people banned....that's what did it. this PC crap . this would have flourished if mods hadn't got involved every time someone said boohoo...
imho

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 08:20:04 AM »
That was in the past mate, looks like there are no real active mods anymore so you can do what you want. I never banned a single person, i only deleted spam accounts.

Just because things were bad in the past doesnt mean the future cant be different. Are you not interested in making this forum great again?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 08:21:55 AM by khe killah™ »

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 11:38:19 PM »
of course, I just thought you wanted suggestions. You became a mod after I left the Marketplace. but its cool to see my rules and suggestions are still there, even if you replaced my name. I always had fun on here, did lots of business on here as well. you and I never had any beef. I think you even bought from me.

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 11:43:44 PM »
Yeah we traded, ive never had any problems with you. Tbh i dont think i ever had beef with anybody on here. I always liked to try and remain neutral.

So bud... how can we bring this forum back to life?

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 01:44:23 PM »
People have just moved to facebook groups. It's hard to get them back..

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2018, 07:59:03 PM »
Hi, I still don't use facebook. I hesitated a while to join here because I thought I would get involved in some of the critical discussion, so I joined when GF was already decreasing. But I have found useful information and had nice and friendly conversation. I still like it a lot although it is a pity that not more people are using it.I do not have a good advice how to improve it again. I also assume that facebook is a critical aspect for GF...

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2018, 03:41:09 PM »
FB integrates all aspects, your friends, news, clickbait, interests, so people just end up spending most of their online time on that platform.

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2018, 03:46:35 PM »
Cant stand Facebook, total garbage...

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2018, 09:55:39 PM »
Cant stand Facebook, total garbage...
I concur.

Offline rawchild

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2018, 03:52:13 AM »
People have just moved to facebook groups. It's hard to get them back..

I still visit from time to time.  Adding other discipline's would likely turn this site into something other than flatland related topics.
Hey Meg...check this out.

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2018, 12:30:01 PM »
I'm still an active mod, although not much is needed. All I do is delete spam and spammers accounts.
If a marketplace thread says sold, I leave it as its a reference for the sellers. If it says please delete then I delete it.

If you google *facebook killing forums* you will see its a global change, from every country and every subject, not just flatland on global-flat. Forums in Australia, Peru and the Philippines died, I'm sure there are dozens of others.

People are spending alot more time on facebook, twitter and instagram, etc being connected by smartphones. Its just a global trend.

Offline wesbmxr

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2018, 07:29:34 PM »
I'll weigh in on this one. I personally dig Global-Flat, it's one of the only forums dedicated solely to flatland. It's a window to the flatland world that many otherwise wouldn't have access to. One thing, though, that perplexes me to no end is that registration has been disabled for quite a time. Many of my flatland friends have a lot of stuff (good stuff!) to sell and can't register.....why? On my end, I have a wish list a mile long of parts I'm seeking that are no longer manufactured, and GF would be the perfect avenue to find said parts. Just my opinion and inquiry.

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2018, 09:11:24 PM »
Thank you for bringing that to our attention! That certainly isnt helping the situation. Not sure the reason behind that, but it wasnt me. My only guess would be it was to stop spam accounts as there was a big problem with junk post on a daily basis.

I have now enabled registration again with verification by admin so i will be able to stop the spam bots. But I will personally see that any new members get accepted.

I look forward to seeing more people get involved!

Thank you 😁