Author Topic: Colony apprentice any good?  (Read 3967 times)

Offline pidge

• Forkglider
Colony apprentice any good?
« on: April 24, 2018, 03:10:25 PM »
Hello again.

So, it's been a while. I'm looking to get back on the bike but not sure how well it's going to go. Ive been looking at the colony apprentice just to get me started again. Anyone rode it and would like to share some feedback as to if it's any good?

Cheers 

Offline pidge

• Forkglider
Re: Colony apprentice any good?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 03:18:43 PM »
I used to ride a khe A damn pro but came off and sprained both my ankles and fractured one in the space of 8 weeks then not too long after was involved in a car accident and ended up with bad whiplash. So I couldn't ride and ended u selling my bike to pay a fine 😭. That was about 6 years ago now.Flatland was long forgotten for me but I just had a recent unexpected itch to ride again and I have no idea where it came from!? Anyway, I'm keen again!🤙

Offline 89schwinnsting

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 07:47:13 PM »
Hello, and welcome back to the world of flatland. I haven't heard anything bad about the bike, If you're looking for a complete, it has pretty good specs, although the bars may be a bit wide for some.

Offline CircleK

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 06:18:01 AM »
a few beginners I know bought the apprentice and they have had no issues. you will upgrade a few parts pretty quickly though like the pegs and tires but for the money it should get you going fine

Offline pidge

• Forkglider
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 12:11:39 PM »
Cheers for feedback. I was thinking that I would likely get plastic pegs straight away mostly to make it a bit lighter, and probably take the brakes off and cut the bars down too. I have never built a bike before so I'm unsure how that would work out instead? I'm guessing it'll be much more expensive to build a bike cus I'd end up wanting good parts.