Author Topic: Who is the oldest flatlander?  (Read 79242 times)

Offline 5hane 2.0

• Backpacker
  • 1yr. + riding
Re: Who is the oldest flatlander?
« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2010, 02:45:53 PM »
I'll be 41 this October, I rode back in 84 to 89 and just got back into riding last October (2009).  :beer:

Just learned Half Hikers and almost have Cliffhangers down. lol!
You are never to old to RIDE!!  :ph34r:

Wow, awesome man!
"Our greatest glory consists not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall."- Confucius

Offline Mark McGrade

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2010, 03:01:57 PM »

Wow, awesome man!

Thanks Shane.
Hey I didn't get to publicly congratulate you on your Battle victory, you are really tearing it up bud!!   :beer:

Offline 5hane 2.0

• Backpacker
  • 1yr. + riding
« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2010, 03:13:12 PM »
  I keep thinking it was Brian Scura that was like 30 or 31 back in the late 80's.  I remember me and my 13yr old friends thought that was kinda strange, and now here I am 35 and having a hell of a good time and getting strange looks from kids ;D  
  I saw Scura at a demo in Houston.  He would always do one of those forward flips on his bike, we always thought that was bad ass lol.  I can't find any more info on him as far as age or if he's still riding.  Seems he's still involved with bikes at least at the business end. Looks like he runs Scura Speed & Technology's (SST) making some bike parts.  He's also credited as being the inventor of the gyro.  Wonder if he still rides?  Anyone know how old he is?

Wow, awesome man!

Thanks Shane.
Hey I didn't get to publicly congratulate you on your Battle victory, you are really tearing it up bud!!   :beer:

Thanks man I'm trying.  Got no choice riding with all you beast  :beer:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 03:18:38 PM by 5hane 2.0 »
"Our greatest glory consists not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall."- Confucius

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2010, 03:50:01 PM »
 I keep thinking it was Brian Scura that was like 30 or 31 back in the late 80's.  I remember me and my 13yr old friends thought that was kinda strange, and now here I am 35 and having a hell of a good time and getting strange looks from kids ;D  
  I saw Scura at a demo in Houston.  He would always do one of those forward flips on his bike, we always thought that was bad ass lol.  I can't find any more info on him as far as age or if he's still riding.  Seems he's still involved with bikes at least at the business end. Looks like he runs Scura Speed & Technology's (SST) making some bike parts.  He's also credited as being the inventor of the gyro.  Wonder if he still rides?  Anyone know how old he is?

I don't know his age, but in 1985 he was riding in the 17 and older expert category... that would make him at least 42...  :huh:

and check this quote:

Quote from: Super BMX and Freestyle, july 1985
At this event Brian Scura proved he's not too old

moncho

« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2010, 05:26:00 PM »
You forgot about me!  ^_^

Born on May 15, 1972: 38 years old.
Riding non stop since 1986.

Reposting an edit from last month:
<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/13468714" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0"></iframe><p>
Nueva mancha/ New Spot!
from Ramon on Vimeo.</p>

Offline Chris@BHB

• Funky Chicken
    • BrickHouseBikes.com
« Reply #110 on: September 14, 2010, 05:33:24 PM »
I'm pretty old now.  I'm 45 and I've been riding BMX since around 1976.   I had to give up the jumping side of things some years back.    I've been riding flat since 83 or so.   I had to take a year off once when I tore my knee up.     Still riding.

Note to Out Riding :   Bill Nitsschke is still a professional touring rider.   He does between 200 and 300 shows a year.   check out www.wonderwheelsbmx.com
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 05:45:35 PM by Chris@BHB »
brickhousebikes.com

Offline SteveMulder

« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2010, 05:52:36 PM »
I'm 39, turn 40 in April and I'm seriously riding better, progressing quicker and in better than shape than I've ever been, it's crazy. I'm loving it.

SM

Offline Stereolab

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #112 on: September 14, 2010, 05:57:49 PM »
I'm 39, turn 40 in April and I'm seriously riding better, progressing quicker and in better than shape than I've ever been, it's crazy. I'm loving it.

SM

Awesome, you should post a new video for us sometime, I have always loved your stuff!

Offline SteveMulder

« Reply #113 on: September 14, 2010, 07:02:46 PM »

SM

Awesome, you should post a new video for us sometime, I have always loved your stuff!

Thanks, when I get some video shot I will post them up here.

Offline That Joe Miller

• Cliffhanger
    • Unknown Sports
« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2010, 07:22:28 PM »
I turn forty this Friday, and as soon as the wires come outta my elbow I'll be back riding hard as ever.
That Joe miller

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #115 on: September 14, 2010, 10:01:19 PM »
I'm pretty old now.  I'm 45 and I've been riding BMX since around 1976.   I had to give up the jumping side of things some years back.    I've been riding flat since 83 or so.   I had to take a year off once when I tore my knee up.     Still riding.

Note to Out Riding :   Bill Nitsschke is still a professional touring rider.   He does between 200 and 300 shows a year.   check out www.wonderwheelsbmx.com

Thanks for the info, I had no idea Bill he still rode!

Whats up with BHB?

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #116 on: September 14, 2010, 10:03:34 PM »
I turn forty this Friday, and as soon as the wires come outta my elbow I'll be back riding hard as ever.

Good luck on your come back!

Offline Wouter van der Linde

• GF Inhabitant
    • Dutchflatland
« Reply #117 on: September 14, 2010, 10:08:08 PM »
58 years old and still riding... holy sh*t.....

« Reply #118 on: September 14, 2010, 10:33:25 PM »
I think 2 of the top guys around here, Luke Malone and Jim Cavanaugh are pushing 40 too.

awesome.

I'm 36, and I hope my kids find great hobbies they can follow into adulthood like that!

Offline riderx

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #119 on: September 14, 2010, 11:27:07 PM »
scott powell is 39 and still going strong,as well as myself .scott has over twenty years of just flat,no pauses in that time either