Author Topic: Did you ride today?  (Read 9101 times)

Offline deacon

• Funky Chicken
Did you ride today?
« on: October 17, 2017, 08:20:03 PM »
Well, what you working on, new link ups, variations, trying new parts, or riding new spots?
How was the session?

I got a pile of Fork Glides (riding out about 50% of them now), tried a load of Hang 5's and tbh didn't get very far on them. Peg Wheelies I was getting about 10 carpark spaces, and tried a few Decades but they were too scary so gave up quickly.

Session was cut short because I went out with no tools and knocked my handlebars backwards (bailing forward on Hang fives).
Good session though.

Offline ollie

• Backpacker
Re: Did you ride today?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 09:38:00 PM »
Sad to see such a positive post go unnoticed. So I just wanted to answer, NO. :D

PS: -tomorrow I am gonna bust my brains out.

Offline deacon

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 09:55:56 PM »
No riding for me today, we're having torrential rain today but tomorrow is looking dry so I'll be back on it.

Seriously quiet forum though, it's like a ghost town!

Offline bhuffman

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 02:28:36 PM »
Rode a little, but until I get my indoor spot in two weeks there's isn't much time until it gets too dark
You look like Marty McFly!

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 08:48:06 PM »
Ollie, you are right...
Deacon, I was riding on Wednesday and hope for dry weather tomorrow to have a session. I am practising steanroller combos, hitchhiker combos, tomahawks and decade variations (mainly with brake). Especially perverted decades are not easy for me and I spent a lot of time practising these. On Wednesday I could not land the variations I wanted so I hope for a better result tomorrow  :)

Offline deacon

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 09:44:01 PM »
Good stuff. I'm also riding tomorrow, if the dry weather we've been promised turns up. Really really want to land my first decade.

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 06:55:37 AM »
Nice no riding today, been on interviews and trying to land a spot in TX. Next session will be Sunday
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline 89schwinnsting

• Backpacker
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 12:55:58 AM »
About 15 minutes of riding for me today. Hopefully, I'll get a chance for a longer riding time later this week.

Offline CircleK

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2017, 11:43:57 PM »
3 hours yesterday after about 8 days off. worked  on forward half hikers from steam rollers which has been killing me for about 6 months now. 1 step forward 2 steps back :(

Offline deacon

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2017, 08:05:37 PM »
Just a quick 45 minutes this evening. Loads of Fork Glides, getting pretty consistent. Landing about 8 out of ten now.
Tried some more Decades but still too scared to commit, although did one where I landed with one foot on frame, one foot on floor.
As it's the weekend I'll be heading out in the morning too.

Offline deacon

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2017, 08:13:13 PM »
Also, if anyone can help, I've done something to my freecoaster. My back wheel started rubbing against the frame so I moved the wheel. Ack into place and tightened it back up. The cranks now sometimes rotate while rolling (they always stayed perfectly still. There still a bit of slack in the chain. Had a quick google but most advice is for adjusting the overall slack in the free coaster which isn't the problem.  Bit nervous if making it worse if I play around with it lol

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2017, 10:44:58 PM »
Take the slack out of the chain. Just loosen one side and wedge the tire back with your hand then retighten and repeat.
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline deacon

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2017, 05:14:08 PM »
Double session day today. Went out in the morning, got a puncture (lots of glass at my spot, I've sweeped it but more has turned up), sorted it out then had another session :)
Improved my Fork Glides loads, pretty much doing them every time now. I've also started doing them where I spin right round quickly  to land them without really 'gliding' them.
Landed about a dozen tailwhips. Not tried them before but they just seemed to click. Don't think I'm doing them properly as I do them on the front pegs rather than with a footjam, didn't realise I was doing them wrong until I got home and watched a tutorial lol.
BLOODY HANG FIVES!!!!! I find them so hard! When I'm at home thinking about them they seem so easy but when I session them they're nails. Managed one a car park width so pleased with that. Managed to roll one, two car park spaces by scooting into it with my foot on a curb.
Don't really know why I keep posting my progress here but I suppose it's not doing any harm :)

Metalbikes: took slack out of the chain which has made it a bit better but it still sometimes rotates.

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2018, 01:26:44 PM »
Cool!
I would not say you do the tailwhip wrong. Place your feet wherever it feels good...
Keep patient with the hang five, this is definitely not easy!
Good luck and have fun!

Offline ollie

• Backpacker
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2018, 12:40:19 AM »
Great session today and yesterday. Sun is shining, around 7°C, back on track with old stuff, slowly shifting my focus to new tricks, just as it should be in the new year. Winter has been kind so far. #thanksglobalwarming