Author Topic: Help me choose a bike  (Read 1291 times)

Offline 13th Dimension

Help me choose a bike
« on: September 16, 2007, 11:57:42 AM »
I'm looking to buy a bike that suits me, but it's hard to find by myself if I dont know anything about flat companies or parts, so I need your help.

I'm about 188-189cm long (~6.2 feet), I need to ride bike to places/spots.. and I dont know what else to say. Ask.

I was looking at KHE Tantra and Twenty Celeste(scroll down) completes, I like KHE parts better, but I absolutely hate that it comes with that integrated gyro system, especially when I dont even plan to run rear brakes. Twenty Celeste seems to have decent parts aswell and it doesn't have that gyro system, but I dont like the frame design so much either. Plus I haven't heard any reviews on Twenty parts, they look decent to me on picture.. but I would like to hear some oppinions from actual riders.

Anyway, I would be very thankful if someone will tell me his oppinions on what I should get. Some requirements are that price should stay under 800€ (~1100$ / ~550£) and that every part or whole bike should be available in europe, even better - from one mailorder. If its a bit more expensive, but worth the money, then it's OK too.

Offline ! gn@r$hred !

• Forkglider
Re: Help me choose a bike
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 12:17:00 PM »
I got a KHE Dafunction complete and it rides well. There are only a few parts on it that are not so great that you would most likely want to replace. It is about 400 euros stock, so if you wanted to get some upgrade parts it would still be under your budget. KHE makes good stuff and they are located in Germany. Look on flatlandfuel.com, they have the best selection of flatland stuff.
Live to Ride /|\ Ride to Live