Author Topic: Benjamin Hudson signature FEC El Camino frame  (Read 4467 times)

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
Benjamin Hudson signature FEC El Camino frame
« on: April 13, 2017, 11:49:01 AM »

Quote from: Benjamin Hudson
My singnature frame "El Camino" its oficial! Big thanks to @fareastcycles for making this dream come true 🙏🏻 for a little review go check @flatmattersonline Specs:

-top tube 20”
 -head tube angle 73.5º
 -chainstay: 12.4”
 -seat tube height 7.4”
 -china bb
 -drop out 3/8

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
Re: Benjamin Hudson signature FEC El Camino frame
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 11:50:58 AM »
Quote from: Jean-William P
@fareastcycles @igiflatbmx  and @igibandwagon broda @hudsonflat on the left side 15 yrs old, right side 21 and how much has happened in between those 6 years is unreal! Congratulations on the Signature frame homie. Hope people see the light 💡 behind  the design. I've been blessed with seeing him grow steadily, riding the wave since i met him. The wave doesn't come so often, better catch it while it's there or end up waiting for the next one that might never come.

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 11:52:54 AM »

Quote from: Far East Cycles

Young star prodigy Benjamin Hudson comes through 2017 with his own signature ''EL CAMINO" frame and colorways! Congratulations! Look for this frame in Matt White, Matt Black and Gloss Silver. You will be looking at a different type of geometry then you usually have on Flatland bikes ;
 -top tube 20”
 -head tube angle 73.5º
 -chainstay: 12.4”
 -seat tube height 7.4”
 -china bb included (bearings and spacers)
 -drop out 3/8
 - weight : {4lbs}
 Spacious front end for front wheel with tight chainstay setup to keep the bike short and with a Flatland feel!
 Keep your heads up and save up for this one addition to this year's FEC FLATLAND line!
El Camino means the Path in spanish! We all reach our goals, but the path is where the story is told!

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 08:59:40 PM »
Thanks for sharing!
The geometry is really interesting. 20" TT and 12.4" CS is one thing, but 73.5 HT? Long time ago when this was available from KGB and Quamen...
I am a little bit surprised by the TT/CS combination because this will bring the seat towards the back. But the way he rides it (slammed, not grabbing it any more) it should not make such a difference for him. Space under the downtube would be similar with a shorte TT and steeper ST (would be interesting to know what it is like here...).
Anyway, he rides so good and must know what suits him well!
Good luck with the frame Benjamin!

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2020, 06:24:50 PM »
Thanks for sharing!
The geometry is really interesting. 20" TT and 12.4" CS is one thing, but 73.5 HT? Long time ago when this was available from KGB and Quamen...
I am a little bit surprised by the TT/CS combination because this will bring the seat towards the back. But the way he rides it (slammed, not grabbing it any more) it should not make such a difference for him. Space under the downtube would be similar with a shorte TT and steeper ST (would be interesting to know what it is like here...).
Been riding this about 5 months at 19.5 tt.  Like the bike but feels long so I'm going to try 26mm stem... anybody else ride this frame?

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2020, 06:36:15 PM »
Thanks for sharing!
Been riding this about 5 months at 19.5 tt.  Like the bike but feels long so I'm going to try 26mm stem... anybody else ride this frame?

Nice, I like the idea of the longer top tube but not feeling the 74 HTA one single bit...flatland needs to be at a 75 degree

edit oh wait what its 73.5 ???
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2020, 06:59:11 PM »
Thanks for sharing!

Nice, I like the idea of the longer top tube but not feeling the 74 HTA one single bit...flatland needs to be at a 75 degree

edit oh wait what its 73.5 ???
I think it was meant for back wheel tricks and the slack ht and st make it feel longer than 19.5. As for ht angle I've noticed I rarely go otb but trade-off is I really need effort to lift the back wheel compared to steeper ht.