Author Topic: Is a 76.5 degree head tube angle and zero offset fork a horrible combo?  (Read 2564 times)

Offline infamous3140

• Funky Chicken
I've only ever used zero offset forks since I started riding, and I just picked up a Quamen G2. I noticed the head tube angle is maybe the most steep of any flatland frame ever made. Is that going to be a terrible combo with my fork? Or is this something I might not even notice once I build it up?

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
you'll get used to it but would probably feel a little steep to most of us if we tried your bike. I'm sure there were lots of riders who rode that combo and did just fine. Bars were a little smaller back then tho. What bars and stem will u be running?
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline infamous3140

• Funky Chicken
Brickhouse (26mm offset I think, I'm not sure what the exact model name of the stem is) and some type of Quamen bars (I'm not sure what model but I'm pretty sure they're at least 7" height and they have no upsweep/no backsweep).

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
Brickhouse (26mm offset I think, I'm not sure what the exact model name of the stem is) and some type of Quamen bars (I'm not sure what model but I'm pretty sure they're at least 7" height and they have no upsweep/no backsweep).

Ah right on well at least you're running a mid era stem and bar setup so you're staying in line with their whole envisioned geometry. That's not to disuade you from trying a bar that's 8" or even 9" tall (for the comfort & width) but you'll be good for now 😊
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
Hello,
my personal opinion is that your for offset should be chosen independently from your head tube angle. Of course getting into a hang five will be very easy with that combination and it would feel more "normal" if you would use a minimal offset fork, but: Think about the same trick with reverse bar position! Then it is even more special! So if you compensate it for one way, it is even more special for the other way. I would say if you have a 76.5 HT, you will have a steep HT, whatever other parts you chose  :)
Many people like 74 ° but 75 ° is pretty much standard today. But in the past many riders used these Quamen frames, so I am sure you can get used to it. Maybe it is better for certain tricks. Give it a try!