Author Topic: Ivan Makushev - off Autum bikes?  (Read 2963 times)

Offline dcochran4

• Hitchhiker
Ivan Makushev - off Autum bikes?
« on: March 14, 2017, 08:58:49 PM »
While the face of flat has been heavily influenced by a significant number of name-drop-worthy riders, I think Ivan Makushev is one who is heavily underrated. This guy has been one of the most inspirational, talented, and, dare I say, revolutionary riders I have ever seen in my short exposure to bmx. Though he and Waldemar Fatkin both comprised the "street-flat-whatever" style portion of Autum's early team, he maintained a notably distinct combination of multifarious disciplines in his video edits (the most recent being his "My name is Ivan Makushev - Last edit of 2015) consisting of complex flat links, skillful street jibs, and even a few park and ramp tricks that were markedly advanced. Certainly not to down-play Waldemar's clever and unique brand of street-flat, but Ivan consistently brought new and amazing feats of skillful execution in every one of the few edits and clips I've seen of him.

Following his social media, and comments from Effraim on Flatmatters, gave us some sad information that Ivan was going to be fulfilling a conscription in the army (presumably Russian). He posted several clips and pictures of him riding during this time, and recently they became more frequent. Seeing this got me really excited, as I anticipated his triumphant return to his indispensable role on the Autum team. While nosing around Autum's new website today, I was dismayed to find him absent from their Team profiles page.

Does anyone know if he is off the team? Not that a rider is dependent on sponsors to flourish and display their talent, but it would certainly be a noteworthy development. I remember when Camilo Gutierrez and Waldemar Fatkin departed from the Autum team ranks, and it was pretty well publicized, if not celebrated in its coverage.

If anyone has any information on this I'd love to be brought up to speed.

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Ivan Makushev - off Autum bikes?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 09:15:54 PM »
Why not just email Autum Bikes and ask them directly?

Offline Serhii Supiaha

Re: Ivan Makushev - off Autum bikes?
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 07:58:20 PM »
If I understood correctly. AUTUM ceased to sponsor Ivan the moment he went into the army (although this is a duty). Maybe you can ask him or ask autum bikes. He really was one of the strongest riders in the team. And it was after the video of Fatkin and Makushev that I decided to buy an autum frame  >:D 
https://vk.com/ivanmakushev
https://www.facebook.com/vanjamakushev