Author Topic: The Nussbaum Family  (Read 2089 times)

Offline Peter Hollinger

• GF Inhabitant
The Nussbaum Family
« on: February 15, 2017, 08:38:12 PM »
Hi everyone,

I got a text message from my good friend and SickChild owner Ed Nussbaum last week to say that his wife, Dana, was in hospital fighting for her life.

She went to the doctors on Monday 5th February with what was believed to be a bad flu, however over the next few hours her condition continued to deteriorate and she went to the ER.
After a chest x-ray the medical team there diagnosed her with pneumonia and as her condition worsened they determined that she needed to be put on life support.

Dana is now fighting for her life and while her heart has improved, her lungs are still in a very bad way and she remains on life support.

Her sister Erin set up the GoFundMe page below to help the family cover the mounting medical expenses and loss of earnings.

I would ask you all to send your positive energy to Ed and his family at this extremely difficult time and if you have the means to do so, please donate using the link below.

https://www.gofundme.com/danawillheal

Thanks,

Pete

Offline 89schwinnsting

• Backpacker
Re: The Nussbaum Family
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 01:25:08 AM »
Wow. That is horrible news for his family. Has her condition improved?

Offline Peter Hollinger

• GF Inhabitant
Re: The Nussbaum Family
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 02:01:55 AM »
Firstly, Ed has asked me to extend his gratitude to the BMX community for their support through this very difficult time. I know it has meant a lot to him.

Dana is improving but still has a long way to go. Her family and doctors are hoping that she continues to make steady progress over the next couple of weeks which would allow her to come off life support.

CBS local news covered the story a few days ago....

https://www.google.com/amp/losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/02/23/tustin-mother-fighting-for-her-life-after-contracting-flu/amp/
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 09:12:16 AM by Peter Hollinger »