Author Topic: First bike build post in years: my new Deco Jackpot  (Read 9305 times)

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
First bike build post in years: my new Deco Jackpot
« on: January 17, 2017, 08:21:25 PM »
Haven't been on GF regularly in years (except to hit up the sales threads), but I just built this up the other day and am super happy with it, to the point where I think it'll become my new main in place of my Deep Blitz setup I've been on for a while. Plus, nice to rep and support my old buddy Tsutomu and his signature frame! Not much to say, other than I finally set up a nice, easy quick release brake system that I can instantly slap on when riding around town, but pull off super fast for sessions. Straight cable from an Odyssey Modulever to a Springfield brake, only need to pull the lever off and bottom out a barrel adjuster to remove everything. The brake itself is out of the way, so it stays on the whole time. The frame feels really awesome and balanced, just enough weight and space for me. Highly recommended for anyone in the market for a new setup. And yeah, I've also gotten into crossbar pads lately... stylish and protects my aging knees.  :P

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
Re: First bike build post in years: my new Deco Jackpot
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 09:35:57 PM »
nice to see a bar pad

Offline smsabb

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 10:34:20 AM »
Oh man I want your contraption gyro cover

Offline Revig

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 06:45:45 PM »
I finally set up a nice, easy quick release brake system that I can instantly slap on when riding around town, but pull off super fast for sessions. Straight cable from an Odyssey Modulever to a Springfield brake, only need to pull the lever off and bottom out a barrel adjuster to remove everything.

curious to understand better, you manage to get a rear u-brake without a hanger?  Can you show pics of the assembled setup ? :)

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 08:37:50 AM »
I finally set up a nice, easy quick release brake system that I can instantly slap on when riding around town, but pull off super fast for sessions. Straight cable from an Odyssey Modulever to a Springfield brake, only need to pull the lever off and bottom out a barrel adjuster to remove everything.
I'll snap a pic of the brake setup this weekend and post it up. Stay tuned. =)
curious to understand better, you manage to get a rear u-brake without a hanger?  Can you show pics of the assembled setup ? :)

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 04:54:37 PM »
Props! Nice build and very practical for pedaling around
Yeah they really did a bang up job on those Jackpots
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 07:08:51 PM »
Here's a pic of the "quick release" brake I run on this setup. Just pop the lever off and bottom out the barrel adjuster under the top tube, and it comes right off for sessions.

Offline Revig

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 05:03:22 PM »
Here's a pic of the "quick release" brake I run on this setup. Just pop the lever off and bottom out the barrel adjuster under the top tube, and it comes right off for sessions.

... and the cable stop under the top tube is cut so you can place and remove the cable through it.... ok I get it now, thanks for the pic!