Author Topic: WTP Utopia feedback  (Read 6805 times)

Offline getzfafive

• Funky Chicken
Re: WTP Utopia feedback
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2017, 02:40:44 PM »
totally makes sense with the stem length.

The Sweet tooth is actually one I've been eyeing as well. Thanks for the info there getzfafive!

Obviously, we're different riders but, just for curiosities sake would you mind sharing what stem and bars you ride?

I have always kinda preferred smaller bars, I have tried 9" bars a couple of times, but have always gone back down.

I've been riding the same setup for 14 months now.

Colony Exon Handlebar 8.5 (Cut to 25" wide)
Colony Exon Flatland Stem
Primo Pro HD fork (Uncut steerer tube at 167mm)

Offline Timmer74

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2017, 07:16:53 AM »
cool, thanks for the info getzafive.

I ride with stock 9" Intrikat bars (fastpitch forks as well). At one point I tried the 9.5" Intrikat bars and wow were they not for me! I should probably throw them up for sale at some point...that along with some other parts I have laying around collecting dust in my office.

Offline LosBananos

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2017, 01:05:20 AM »
I have 20'' utopia for 2 years now. I think you would not feel any difference, i've had 19.4 flybikes tierra, few 20,75'' and 20,5 frames and i have 19.25 khe a-damn in my second bike. I've felt some differences but 19.4 and 20 with basic flatland tricks feel the same for me, but I've felt a lot different doing bunnyhops. Dropouts are bad as DaddyCool said, i had to ad chain link few times because pegs were leaning on the chain stay. I've never had problems with seat clamp, I weight over 100kg and i do a lot of hang 0 but it never slipped. I'm riding on autum bent fork, odyssey lincoln 53mm stem and autum narcobar 8.7''.

Offline Timmer74

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2017, 02:17:04 AM »
Thanks for the feedback! I actually ended up pulling the trigger on a 19.8" Colony Sweet Tooth (found a great deal on 2016 version). So far it feels great... Might be my favorite frame yet. I couldn't imagine trying to ride anything other than flat on a 19.8" though.

The dropouts on the Utopia were what turned me away...

I'll try to throw a bike check up at some point just to share.

cheers and thanks again for all the great feedback!
Tim

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2017, 08:24:56 PM »
Thanks for the feedback! I actually ended up pulling the trigger on a 19.8" Colony Sweet Tooth (found a great deal on 2016 version). So far it feels great... Might be my favorite frame yet. I couldn't imagine trying to ride anything other than flat on a 19.8" though.

The dropouts on the Utopia were what turned me away...

I'll try to throw a bike check up at some point just to share.

cheers and thanks again for all the great feedback!
Tim

great choice and glad you are liking it! what color did you get? any issues with the build?

Feel to free to post pics!
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline Timmer74

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2017, 06:05:37 AM »
Thanks metal. I have the dark blue frame. However, I took off the "Sweet Tooth" decals  and replaced it with the more standard white block "Colony". I didn't care for the more colorful decals...

The build went together really smoothly. I didn't even need to change the length of my chain which was nice.

I'm out of town until the end of the week but I'll try to put up a build sometime soon.

Offline Timmer74

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2017, 06:23:10 PM »
For those interested, I put up a bike check over in that part of the forum...