Author Topic: Upper gyro cable length  (Read 2684 times)

Offline dcochran4

• Hitchhiker
Upper gyro cable length
« on: October 20, 2016, 02:35:28 PM »
I'm currently running a pair of Pegasus Hali bars that are 7 1/4" rise and I plan to run a back brake on my new Fishbone Rebel once it gets here. I believe I will need the shortest one that Odyssey offers at 390mm. But I have read on other forums to always get the medium or 425mm upper cable. Will this be too long and cumbersome?

Offline bmxelement90

• Backpacker
Re: Upper gyro cable length
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 07:37:27 PM »
I'd get the longer one, you can always cut it and make it shorter.

Offline dcochran4

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 10:47:21 PM »
Cut an upper gyro cable? Would you then knarp the lever side?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 06:02:49 AM by dcochran4 »

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 12:11:54 AM »
Hi,
my personal experience is that they never have the length you want. So custom is the only way...
I use an Odyssey GTX steel Gyro and the built in screws instead of Knarps. This works fine for me since years. I do not know how good it would work with the aluminium version (I doubt that one could tighten the bolts enough) and pretty much all other Gyros do not have these screws at all which is why I would not use them.
Depending on your lever you may use a Gyro cable and something like a Knarp on the lever side. Most Gyros only accept the small ball ends so it might cause problems to use Knarps because there is too less space to clear the cable ends of the lower cable(s).
Did you think about a dual upper cable? The picture shows what I use: a modified Odyssey Londonmod using one inner cable going through the brake lever. It works good!