Author Topic: Infinity Ka seat - new?  (Read 7713 times)

Offline dcochran4

• Hitchhiker
Infinity Ka seat - new?
« on: July 09, 2016, 09:56:51 PM »
I was nosing around flatlandfuel this morning before ordering some new tires and noticed a seat I had never seen before on there. The picture was what caught my eye as it looked identical to the sacred KHE Watanabe seat! It is a railed seat from Infinity titled the "Ka" seat. I ordered one ($30 is cheap compared to what I had planned to pay for someone's second hand Watanabe).

Is this a new seat or has it been out before? I have only come to the flatland scene in the last 2 years so it very well could have been before my time.

(I do not own nor claim to own any rights to or affiliated with the photo included here. Photo courtesy of flatlandfuel)

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
Re: Infinity Ka seat - new?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 12:55:49 AM »
I'm seeing this for the first time, it's the exact same mold as the KHE. (except for the KHE embossed graphics)

I think that KHE stopped making them so Flatland Fuel probably ordered a batch of them to be labeled Infinity.

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 12:19:35 PM »
Good news! Maybe they bought the mould, what do you think?
I am lucky enough to have some KHE Watanabe in stock, but nevertheless I was hoping for some new options.
For me there is no alternative to this seat.
Thanks for sharing!

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 04:03:45 PM »
Yes from what I have heard Pat bought the mold under the radar and will now be the sole owner of the KHE watanabe model.
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline dcochran4

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 12:14:57 AM »
alright! way to go Pat!

Offline SHIZM

• Backpacker
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 01:21:54 AM »
Good news. About time!!

Offline freestylinkale

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2016, 04:09:13 AM »
I already have mine on the way!!! Thanks for the info!!!!

Offline bmxelement90

• Backpacker
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 01:50:29 AM »
So infinity is flatland fuel  in house company? Didn't know that lol

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 05:50:15 AM »
So infinity is flatland fuel  in house company? Didn't know that lol

Yep that is Pat's in house company
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline dcochran4

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 04:35:22 AM »
It feels more solid than I anticipated, but I am not complaining. I can't really compare it to the actual KHE, as I've yet to own one. I am very excited to put this thing to work in an elbow glide and some steamrollers!

Offline Metaphore

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2016, 11:31:51 AM »
Hi all!

Been out of the flatland game for +6 months. And haven't changed anything on my bike a well over a few years (except for some Intrikat bars).

My 1st gen KHE plastic seat (not yet called the watanabe, it has KHE logo's all over the seat and still had a nose you had to saw off yourself) is creaking like crazy and needs replacement.

I was surprised to see pretty much all street seats on Flatlandfuel and other bmx websites! Apparently the OG Watanabe has become a collector's item :p

Would go for this one but I'm reluctant buying from the States, have been nailed by customs a few times in the past and it doesn't seem worth the hassle, but I guess it's the only way to get my hands on a fresh one?

Offline Ike

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2016, 03:01:11 PM »
It feels more solid than I anticipated, but I am not complaining. I can't really compare it to the actual KHE, as I've yet to own one. I am very excited to put this thing to work in an elbow glide and some steamrollers!

Yea shes tha same, i always thot they were bigger in size but anyway good seat nevertheless. Jus like any plastic seat it will get scraped,cut,scuffed etc an need replacement but enjoy em now cuz who knows how long their gonna b left on tha market seems like when something get a ton of attention or sells out fast they take off/stop makin it look at tha frequency g tan walls for instance.
Let the feelin flow.