Author Topic: KHE is back - New Website  (Read 6115 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
KHE is back - New Website
« on: April 10, 2016, 07:06:28 PM »

Probably many of you noticed that it got very quiet around KHE lately. The company was struggling with economic problems for a while. Now they are about to rebuild their business and launched a new website. There is a still a small flatland team (Adam Kun, Markus Reich, Sven Steinbach) and they are selling their old stock with big discounts. From now on they will sell most of their products directly through their online shop. It's featuring not only the KHE brand but also their sub-brands like Prism, Clatch etc. Stay tuned for more information about new parts!

New Website: www.khebikes.com

Offline OlderThanDirt

Re: KHE is back - New Website
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 11:30:22 PM »
I sure hope they improved their AFFIX Rotor.  The one on my 0.F bike a few years back was junk... plastic internal parts are not a good idea for braking. (The bike has since been sold, primarily for that reason.)

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 10:25:05 PM »
I sure hope they improved their AFFIX Rotor.  The one on my 0.F bike a few years back was junk... plastic internal parts are not a good idea for braking. (The bike has since been sold, primarily for that reason.)

The complete bikes come with a plastic rotor, but you can upgrade to the aftermarket "Pro" version that's made of alloy.

Offline OlderThanDirt

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 03:50:40 AM »
The complete bikes come with a plastic rotor, but you can upgrade to the aftermarket "Pro" version that's made of alloy.
When I had the bike, getting the plastic rotor replacement was very difficult... the only place to get them was through the company that imported the bikes.  Even though the "pro" rotor was supposedly in existence then, I couldn't find one to purchase on this side of the pond.  Definitely something to think about before buying a KHE bike... if it breaks, can you get parts to fix it?   I've since gone back to a standard gyro.

Offline 1

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 11:49:46 AM »
35 different types of seats on their website....and they discontinue the Watanabe.    Last year at Real City Spin there were 70 pros from all over the globe and maybe 5 were not using that seat!!!!!     Good luck KHE.

Offline Who-Leo

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 07:26:56 PM »
I recently purchased some flatland parts from them for a great deal. The items arrived fairly quick giving the shipping was from Germany to Texas USA. I also exchanged some emails with them regarding my order and they replied quickly to all my messages. Among the parts I ordered there was a KHE KATANA FORK. I had an issue with this item because the picture showed a fork with removable brake mounts and a compression bolt. The hardware was no included with my fork in the order. After communicating my issue to them I was left with two options, Find the hardware locally or pay 10euro (not cost effective) for shipping on hardware owed to me. In conclusion I have no beef with them. I decided to find the compression bolt locally hence my post on the wanted section, I am still Trying to find a suitable substitute.
I advice everyone to email KHE and confirm the details of whatever is in your cart before committing to placing the order. Hope this helps.
“Impulsive and unfiltered communication usually costs our relationships dearly. Saying what we want, when we want isn’t modern at all—it’s Neanderthal”

Offline bhaverchuck

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 07:46:40 PM »
The Watanabe seat is the only thing of value from KHE and its discontinued. I'll be hoarding those seats.

Offline bmxelement90

• Backpacker
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 08:54:27 PM »
I recently purchased some flatland parts from them for a great deal. The items arrived fairly quick giving the shipping was from Germany to Texas USA. I also exchanged some emails with them regarding my order and they replied quickly to all my messages. Among the parts I ordered there was a KHE KATANA FORK. I had an issue with this item because the picture showed a fork with removable brake mounts and a compression bolt. The hardware was no included with my fork in the order. After communicating my issue to them I was left with two options, Find the hardware locally or pay 10euro (not cost effective) for shipping on hardware owed to me. In conclusion I have no beef with them. I decided to find the compression bolt locally hence my post on the wanted section, I am still Trying to find a suitable substitute.
I advice everyone to email KHE and confirm the details of whatever is in your cart before committing to placing the order. Hope this helps.

I'm in Houston....how much was shipping from Germany? they have crazy deals on the site but if the shipping is crazy expensive then its not worth it

Offline Who-Leo

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 05:45:36 PM »
Shipping on 2 forks and a bar stem combo was 23USD.
“Impulsive and unfiltered communication usually costs our relationships dearly. Saying what we want, when we want isn’t modern at all—it’s Neanderthal”