Author Topic: 3d printer's  (Read 3683 times)

Offline rawchild

• GF Inhabitant
3d printer's
« on: March 05, 2016, 04:57:45 AM »
Anyone out here made any pegs, barends,  pedals or headset spacers with one of those printers yet?  If so how well do they hold up?
Hey Meg...check this out.

Offline pitdog504

• Cliffhanger
Re: 3d printer's
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 07:58:22 PM »
No... Companies put a lot of research into which types of plastics hold up best.  The filaments used in printers are not intended for that use.  Maybe you could make a prototype for a machine shop with one?( or just use cad)

Offline VojTECH

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 08:54:50 PM »
^^Not necessarily true.

Research department of the company I work for has a $40k+ industrial grade 3D printer and it can print like 10 types of material including ABS and rubber. The guys not only make prototypes but also various jigs that hold up really well in our shop.

I'm actually in a queue to have a custom seat handle 3D printed. Not sure when I get it done though.

Offline rawchild

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 06:01:33 PM »
^^Not necessarily true.

Research department of the company I work for has a $40k+ industrial grade 3D printer and it can print like 10 types of material including ABS and rubber. The guys not only make prototypes but also various jigs that hold up really well in our shop.

I'm actually in a queue to have a custom seat handle 3D printed. Not sure when I get it done though.

Would love to see that when you get it done.
Hey Meg...check this out.